Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Need advice on carrying my firearm. thanks (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/need-advice-carrying-my-firearm-thanks-44195/)

nick64cap 06-22-2011 02:37 AM

Need advice on carrying my firearm. thanks

Hello everyone new to this site, looking for advice. I'm 19 year of age and I own a colt .22 LR m4. I currently live in PA and I'm doing a road trip by myself to go to FL. Since I'm going to be own my own I would like to carry my weapon system. From what I've been able to research as long as I have my weapon in a case (can I use a gun bag?) not readily accessible to the driver. Also the mags(can they be loaded?) and ammo must be in a separate lockable case(if I have them in a hand gun case, that's locked, can I put it in the gun bag?). any help would be appreciated, thanks. Also can I have accessories on my gun like a flash light with pressure switch and red laze. thanks

wmille01 06-22-2011 02:48 AM

I got one to I love the gun, bag case really don't matter, I would keep the mag unloaded. and away from the gun. When I moved from Vermont I had the gun in the trunk, the clips in the lock box in the front, and the ammo in a fire proof lock box in the trunk. It really doesn't matter as long as its not loaded and you don't get pulled over for a dui.

nick64cap 06-22-2011 02:54 AM

the flashlight attachment and laze can be equipped?

therewolf 06-22-2011 08:59 AM

One trick I use for cheap lock-boxes is to drill a couple holes

in an ammo box. Run a padlock through them and presto! 15$

lock box.(lock included)

c3shooter 06-22-2011 02:05 PM

Nick- I want you to run right down to the tattoo parlor and get one that says "Some guy on the interwebz told me it was legal" You can show that one off to your new roomates down at the Graybar Hotel.

There is a major legal difference between TRANSPORTING a firearm from point A (legal to possess there) and point B (legal to possess there) and in CARRYING a firearm.

Rather than give you a pat answer, I am going to send you to the web, Research "Peaceable Journey Act". I am not aware of any laws regarding flashlight and lasers, but I am an engineer (skilled labor) and not a lawyer (see also parasites)

Seriously, I see a TON of bad legal advice on forums, You have NO WAY of judging the qualifications of the person giving that advice. I try to refer people to the written law in question.

As far as YOU know, I am 12 years old, and Mom does not know I am on the computer. I'm not- but how do YOU know that? :cool:

Cattledog 06-22-2011 11:54 PM

Most all states will require the firearm be hidden from view, either in a case or not and unloaded. The most practical way to carry/transport your rifle would be to keep it in a case in the trunk and keep the loaded mag on your person. Most states won't have a problem with this method. You can check local state laws here NRA-ILA :: and make sure you count the states you are driving through , not just to and from. If you cant find the answers you seek there. start calling the state police offices. They won't even ask your name and will be thrilled to give legal advice. Be safe and smart.

Sonnypie 06-23-2011 03:22 AM

"but I am an engineer (skilled labor) and not a lawyer (see also parasites)"

ROTFLMAO!
I'll forward that to my BIL. :D

therewolf 06-23-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonnypie (Post 527862)
"but I am an engineer (skilled labor) and not a lawyer (see also parasites)"

ROTFLMAO!
I'll forward that to my BIL. :D

c3shooter, you're making an insinuation that lawyers

are scum-low, life-sucking pests. OH, RIGHT, lawyers.

Never mind...

Leathermarshmallow 06-27-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therewolf (Post 528240)
c3shooter, you're making an insinuation that lawyers

are scum-low, life-sucking pests. OH, RIGHT, lawyers.

Never mind...

Did you ever notice that "LAWYER" and "LIAR" sound almost the same?:D