NBC news-remington-700 rifle unsafe - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > NBC news-remington-700 rifle unsafe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 06:26 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

If you want the Top of the line trigger on a 700 nothing comes close to a Jewell.

If you want a great all around trigger that is well built and easy to install and adjust look no futher than Timney. I have a timney in my 700 VLS and it is 100000000000 times better than the factory remington junk.

Never heard a bad thing about a rifle basix but I went with Timney because I have had other timneys in the past.

Drive out two pins pull factory trigger place timney and drive two pins and your done installing.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:23 AM   #42

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If anyone has any Remington 700's They are afraid of or just don't want anymore just box them up and send them to me(:-])

Old 10-28-2010, 07:47 AM   #43

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

At times some matter can get into the Rem 700 rifle trigger housing . Blast the trigger housing out with brake cleaning spray. Some people dont know how to take care of their firearms or follow safe gun handleing procedures. Gun manufacture cant stop stupid.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:13 PM   #44

When are people going to start taking responsibility for their poor and sometimes irresponsible gun handling?

Is there a defect in the older M700? Maybe, but if people get hurt, it is primarily a result of dangerous and reckless gun handling. Yeh, the gun went off without pulling the trigger but why did you point the muzzle at a person?

Loaded guns are potentially dangerous; that is why we should treat them as such!

Happy hunting - be SAFE!

Old 10-30-2010, 06:13 AM   #45

Sounds like someone toyed with the triggers without making the proper safety checks. Could have been from too much crud built up in the trigger, too. Still, there is no substitute for basic firearm safety.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #46

Default Remington 700 defects

Just seen the show remington underfire.I have a remington 700,30/06 that has gone off on me accidently.This rifle went off when you click the safety off to open the bolt to unload it.This is a poor design.I like remingtons,but everyone out there that thinks this is not a problem is just kidding yourself.I now don`t use the rifle and I wouldn`t want to sell it to someone cause it has problems.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #47

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Has anyone experienced similar problems with other brands/models? I have never heard of the issues with the 700 until the last few weeks.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #48
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6328 Times on 3352 Posts
Likes Given: 463

the only way this can occur is by adjusting the trigger to such light setting that a slight vibration will trip it. as they come from the factory this behaviour cannot occur. i can duplicate this on my rem 700 xcr compact tactical with 40x trigger system by spinning the trigger pull adjustment screw all the way out. when i do that it will go off by a slight nudge on the bolt. when properly adjusted it doesnt occur.

if your experiencing the issue send it to remington and they will fix it for you. either your trigger was maladjusted at some point by yourself or a previous owner or someone that did trigger work did not do a good job.

the remington 700 action is not flawed. you do not have to disengage the safety on a remington 700 to unload or load. ive had a 700 in one form or another since 1983. they are used in massive quantities by the military since vietnam. it isnt until the media decided they needed a new anti gun target or cause that this bs started cropping up. none of this crap has been replicated in an un-mucked with out of the box factory rifle.

Last edited by JonM; 11-07-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:16 AM   #49

This remington 30/06 was bought new in the box.The safety has to be off to open the bolt if it is loaded.Alot of people are making comments about this when they don`t own one,or they have one and it just hasn`t happened yet.I`ve used it for many years and never thought about it going off before I was ready and pulling the trigger.I know there`s alot of guns that will never do this,but just be aware.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:22 AM   #50

Liked 129 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 246

NBC is working-on a new story about the REMINGTON-700...trigger/safety-on ghost firings...should be airing soon....I guess there's still a court case on going about this....