My Sig556 is now a paperweight...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > My Sig556 is now a paperweight...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default My Sig556 is now a paperweight...

thanks to my daughters, in what was a rare feet of self motivation. They decided that the gas valve (took it to work to put in the parts wsher) for my "baby" wasn't safe on my desk and they put it away for me. It is now in one of those very safe places that nobody can find. I very politely tried to explain to my girls how upset I was about the part, but since I didn't yell and scream they didn't get the picture. I did call Sigarms; the rep (whose name I forgot to write down), explained that they didn't sell that part. He did however get my contact info and if they had them available they would get one right to me. So now I am in limbo, with a very nice, very intimidating paperweight.
Someone here please feel sorry for me!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-22-2010, 11:40 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Wait. What?

You pulled the gas valve to take to work and put in a parts tank, but then brought it home, put it on your desk because you didn't get around to reassembling the weapon after a hard day and your daughters "hid it?"

Are your daughters very small? Are they not yet capable of making informed decisions about what is important and what is not?

Even if they are, do they have jobs? Because if they are living under YOUR roof, eating YOUR food, sponging off YOUR heat/care and they STILL have the nerve to hide a man's weapons parts!!!! *shaking fist*

Really you have no one to blame but yourself my friend. Suck it up princess and go rent a metal detector. Or place something else of interest on your desk and see what happens.

JD

Old 02-22-2010, 11:42 PM   #3

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Wonder why Sig wouldn't sell that part, though.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:30 AM   #4

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Wonder why Sig wouldn't sell that part, though.
A buddy works for Sig in Exeter. They are so far behind because they don't have the parts to build rifles.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:37 AM   #5

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Wow....business is good! As it is with just about all gunmakers right now, I suppose.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:42 AM   #6

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Wow....business is good! As it is with just about all gunmakers right now, I suppose.
Not really. Some of their sub-contractors can't get the raw materials to make the parts. Part of it is demand. He just finished an order for the California Highway patrol, 8,000 new handguns. I did not think they had 8,000 officers.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:49 AM   #7

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

The CHP is huge...I just want to know what their hiring pool is, because San Fransisco hired all the a$$holes...I know this is CA and all but the pool has got to be running dry

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #8

Likes Given: 2

HAPPY DANCE!!! Wife found it. The baggy I had the valve in managed to find its way into my wifes gym bag that she never really empties. I was so happy, that had we not been at the gym when she told me I would have "thanked her proper" for finding it!!!

Old 03-01-2010, 12:14 AM   #9
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Nudge, Nudge Like the Sport, know whatta mean.