Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > My Nosler M48 TGR In 7mm-08 Is Here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 01:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 9 Posts

Default My Nosler M48 TGR In 7mm-08 Is Here

Here are some pictures, will be going to the range tomorrow or Thursday to begin work with my rifle and will report shooting and load results in the near future.

Proven Nosler Model 48 barreled action
Match-grade Pac-Nor chrome moly barrel (hand lapped)
2 Position Safety
Crisp, custom 3-pound Rifle Basix trigger
Custom aluminum-bedded Bell and Carlson™ composite stock
CERAKOTE™ and Micro Slick™ finishes to prevent corrosion and intrusive weather damage
Weighs 7.7 pounds with bases, rings and Weaver 6x
Accuracy guarantee of sub M.O.A three-shot groups at 100 yards*
Enlarged trigger guard to accommodate a gloved hand.

Not everyone has a chronograph, but everyone has a wish list in their head. There are plenty of niches to be filled in my life. They all start with "I want this." and need no real reason for existing.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-02-2011, 01:23 AM   #2

Few more:

Not everyone has a chronograph, but everyone has a wish list in their head. There are plenty of niches to be filled in my life. They all start with "I want this." and need no real reason for existing.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:35 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That's on beaut of a rifle .

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 11-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #4

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Very nice.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-02-2011, 01:41 AM   #5

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Very good looking rifle. I dig the stock.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:55 AM   #6

Thank you, I do feel the same and will be using it on a hunt in Arizona the third week in November for mountain lion, then first week in Tenn for a Deer hunt and then again here in South Mississippi for deer and hog where I live and finally the second week of January in Louisiana South of Baton rouge on a deer hunt.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:22 AM   #7

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

VERY nice! What Weaver scope is that?

Old 11-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #8

It is the Weaver K-series 6x

Old 11-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #9

Well, I went to the range and did a barrel break-in and I know some people don't believe in break-in. I once was that way and did not believe in it either but for the last fifteen years have done it with every rifle I bought new whether factory or custom, and it has always helped me produce accurate loads (except one Ruger 30-06 that needed stock work), as apposed to when I did not practice break-in. Of course if you get good results without that is cool also.

Now what is so interesting about this M48 and my break-in is that I just put together some 120gr BT, 150gr BT and 130gr Sierra match loads but with out the special attention that I usually give to loads when I am trying to develop accuracy loads for hunting and shooting. For what I call run of the mill hand loads this rifle really shoots good. I can't wait to start my load development for my hunting loads where I pay special attention to every load and all the details I consider important in getting accuracy from my hand loads.

First target is 15 shot group of 120gr BT where I shot one round then clean for 15 rounds and after a few rounds you can see it starting to settle in.

Second target is 12 shot group of 150gr BT where I shoot three rounds then clean and it was looking good also.

Third target is two five shot groups with 130gr M/K HP where I shoot five then clean then adjust the scope 1/4" and shoot the next five without a fouling round. The five shot group to the right was the first five shot group and the second five group is the one on the left.

Now let me emphasis that these were not special loads, just some loads I used to get me through what I like to do with a new barrel, and they were all different weight bullets. This rifle will be in my opinion after today's break-in, a real winner. Can't wait to get to my load work for accuracy the first of next week. All my components will not be in until Friday. Also, the Weaver 6x power did fine holding zero and moved right where I moved it. Yes, I think I will have a good time with this rifle and at only 7.7 pounds in the field and shooting as good as it does, it will be a perfect spot an stalk rifle. Yes, glad I bought it. I will post results of my accuracy load work towards the end of next week.

I need to get it out of the way as Jordan and I will be hunting in Arizona the third week in November, then I will hunt in Tenn the first week, and the second week of December south of Baton Rouge, La. where I will be using this rifle on all three hunts.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:12 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Beautiful rifle and great groups. I have rifle envy.