Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > My new yote gun

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
purehavoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Not where I wanna be
Posts: 4,530
Liked 984 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 1778

Default My new yote gun, Savage Axis

Savage Axis .223 , reworked trigger , bipod , replacement scope, left the original in the box it looked kinda cheap and might be a good replacement for the one on my .22 . Anyway , here she is

__________________

Last edited by purehavoc; 11-17-2011 at 02:00 AM.
purehavoc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 11-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
joshfireart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 267
Default

Nice riffle

__________________

let no talents go unused

joshfireart is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas by God, Texas!
Posts: 24,493
Liked 16864 Times on 9772 Posts
Likes Given: 43973

Default

looks good! enjoy it now!

__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,900
Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default

Sweet looking

__________________
opaww is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,841
Liked 622 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Default

Not bad at all! You may find that Bushnell (that is a new bushnell Trophy?) Is not quite up to the task. I put a Bushnell Trophy 4-12x42mmAO on my CZ527 Varminter in .223 and it was terrible. I bought a Sightron SII 6.5-20x42mmAO and could not be happier. Glass makes a huge difference.

__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 177
Likes Given: 1

Default

Sweet. You will have to keep us posted on how it shoots. I am interested in buying one of these in 22-250 for a "throw in the pickup and bounce around" type gun.

__________________
mrb1982 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,841
Liked 622 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1982 View Post
Sweet. You will have to keep us posted on how it shoots. I am interested in buying one of these in 22-250 for a "throw in the pickup and bounce around" type gun.
That is cruel! I may pick apart the scope, but to a working class guy this maybe a significant purchase. OP, I am sorry for my comments. I hope it works as planned.
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:25 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
purehavoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Not where I wanna be
Posts: 4,530
Liked 984 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 1778

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
That is cruel! I may pick apart the scope, but to a working class guy this maybe a significant purchase. OP, I am sorry for my comments. I hope it works as planned.
Hey man your not going to hurt my feelings the scope it comes with is a POS, the trophy scope I have is a older model but still new ,I have had it for 7-8 yrs ,I bought it when it was on sale and never bought the gun to go with it and it sat on a shelf in the closet . LOL Its gonna have to do until after Christmas is over then I will have some extra cash for something a little bigger powered scope , I would like to have something with MIL dots in it
__________________
purehavoc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:54 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 177
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
That is cruel! I may pick apart the scope, but to a working class guy this maybe a significant purchase. OP, I am sorry for my comments. I hope it works as planned.
I'm sorry, I didn't really read my own post very well before submitting it. I didn't really mean it as a demeaning statement and I apologize if it came over that way.

What I really meant is that I don't want to go spend $1000 for a gun with a nice wood stalk because I would be using it as a gun I would take in the pickup with me when I go out to my inlaws ranch and it tends to be pretty rough out there. I would hate to scratch up a nice wood like that. If I could find a good synthetic for a good price that shoots good, I would be all over it. I have heard some really good things about the Axis guns so I think it would be something that would totally work for what I want it for. You kinda know what I mean?
__________________
mrb1982 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #10
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas by God, Texas!
Posts: 24,493
Liked 16864 Times on 9772 Posts
Likes Given: 43973

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1982 View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't really read my own post very well before submitting it. I didn't really mean it as a demeaning statement and I apologize if it came over that way.

What I really meant is that I don't want to go spend $1000 for a gun with a nice wood stalk because I would be using it as a gun I would take in the pickup with me when I go out to my inlaws ranch and it tends to be pretty rough out there. I would hate to scratch up a nice wood like that. If I could find a good synthetic for a good price that shoots good, I would be all over it. I have heard some really good things about the Axis guns so I think it would be something that would totally work for what I want it for. You kinda know what I mean?
mrb1982, if you are interested, Marlin has the XS7VH in 22-250, has heavy, 26" varmint barrel and synthetic stock. i paid $370 for mine, NIB. pretty accurate. mine is the 308. just something to think about.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes