Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > My new yote gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 984 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 1778

Default My new yote gun, Savage Axis

Savage Axis .223 , reworked trigger , bipod , replacement scope, left the original in the box it looked kinda cheap and might be a good replacement for the one on my .22 . Anyway , here she is

Last edited by purehavoc; 11-17-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #2

Nice riffle

let no talents go unused

Old 11-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16864 Times on 9772 Posts
Likes Given: 43973

looks good! enjoy it now!

Old 11-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #4

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Sweet looking

Old 11-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #5

Liked 622 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Not bad at all! You may find that Bushnell (that is a new bushnell Trophy?) Is not quite up to the task. I put a Bushnell Trophy 4-12x42mmAO on my CZ527 Varminter in .223 and it was terrible. I bought a Sightron SII 6.5-20x42mmAO and could not be happier. Glass makes a huge difference.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #6

Likes Given: 1

Sweet. You will have to keep us posted on how it shoots. I am interested in buying one of these in 22-250 for a "throw in the pickup and bounce around" type gun.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #7

Liked 622 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1982 View Post
Sweet. You will have to keep us posted on how it shoots. I am interested in buying one of these in 22-250 for a "throw in the pickup and bounce around" type gun.
That is cruel! I may pick apart the scope, but to a working class guy this maybe a significant purchase. OP, I am sorry for my comments. I hope it works as planned.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:25 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 984 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 1778

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
That is cruel! I may pick apart the scope, but to a working class guy this maybe a significant purchase. OP, I am sorry for my comments. I hope it works as planned.
Hey man your not going to hurt my feelings the scope it comes with is a POS, the trophy scope I have is a older model but still new ,I have had it for 7-8 yrs ,I bought it when it was on sale and never bought the gun to go with it and it sat on a shelf in the closet . LOL Its gonna have to do until after Christmas is over then I will have some extra cash for something a little bigger powered scope , I would like to have something with MIL dots in it

Old 11-18-2011, 02:54 AM   #9

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't really read my own post very well before submitting it. I didn't really mean it as a demeaning statement and I apologize if it came over that way.

What I really meant is that I don't want to go spend $1000 for a gun with a nice wood stalk because I would be using it as a gun I would take in the pickup with me when I go out to my inlaws ranch and it tends to be pretty rough out there. I would hate to scratch up a nice wood like that. If I could find a good synthetic for a good price that shoots good, I would be all over it. I have heard some really good things about the Axis guns so I think it would be something that would totally work for what I want it for. You kinda know what I mean?

Old 11-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #10
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16864 Times on 9772 Posts
Likes Given: 43973

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1982 View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't really read my own post very well before submitting it. I didn't really mean it as a demeaning statement and I apologize if it came over that way.

What I really meant is that I don't want to go spend $1000 for a gun with a nice wood stalk because I would be using it as a gun I would take in the pickup with me when I go out to my inlaws ranch and it tends to be pretty rough out there. I would hate to scratch up a nice wood like that. If I could find a good synthetic for a good price that shoots good, I would be all over it. I have heard some really good things about the Axis guns so I think it would be something that would totally work for what I want it for. You kinda know what I mean?
mrb1982, if you are interested, Marlin has the XS7VH in 22-250, has heavy, 26" varmint barrel and synthetic stock. i paid $370 for mine, NIB. pretty accurate. mine is the 308. just something to think about.