My new Mosin Nagant was new in 1900 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > My new Mosin Nagant was new in 1900

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by -06 View Post
HM2, having safes will not deter the alphabet boys from getting at them. Having his "hoard" under lock and key may be their concern. Why would he be recording C&R purchases--especially in large numbers? Just inviting problems.
To my knowledge these are all FFL buys. I was concerned that he should be able to prove they were all under lock and key, and to have them be logged so he would at least know where his inventory was stored.

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Old 12-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebsca View Post
When to the Tulsa show this weekend. I noticed many fun new toys to add, but in the end, I added another Mosin Nagant to the safe. This second one is a 1930 91/30. Looks to me like it is laminated stock, maching numbers, hex reciever, that is is good shape, with an accessory kit (something that didn't happen with my first). I took a pic of the two of them together. The 1891 is in the back, and somehow looks a bit shorter than the 91/30. This is not a very good pic, but something to look at. I will have to try to have better pics after I get this second rifle cleaned up. Also, thanks for the help so far.
I have some pictures of the two style of laminated stocks: the one on the sniper is for a round receiver, and came with it. The next laminated stock is on a hex receiver. Bought this one on e-Bay to replace the oil saturated refurb stock. The 3rd picture is an example of what Jpyle was talking about when he suggested removing the butt plate. Please excuse my photography. The difference in the two stocks is better appreciated in person.[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,

Last edited by HM2Grunt; 12-12-2012 at 10:47 PM. Reason: pictures

Old 12-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2Grunt View Post
I have some pictures of the two style of laminated stocks: the one on the sniper is for a round receiver, and came with it. The next laminated stock is on a hex receiver. Bought this one on e-Bay to replace the oil saturated refurb stock. The 3rd picture is an example of what Jpyle was talking about when he suggested removing the butt plate. Please excuse my photography. The difference in the two stocks is better appreciated in person.[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
Please excuse my photography, looks like they didn't come out at all, ****
How about
dscn0045.jpg   dscn0046.jpg   dscn0048.jpg  

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,

Last edited by HM2Grunt; 12-12-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:46 AM   #24

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2Grunt View Post
Please excuse my photography, looks like they didn't come out at all, ****
How about
Your pics also illustrate the tang notch and toe splice typical of a laminated stock...I assume there is a barrel band finger grove on both?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Your pics also illustrate the tang notch and toe splice typical of a laminated stock...I assume there is a barrel band finger grove on both?
Yep, your assumption is correct.

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,