my new mausers... why is the bolt tight and how to fix it?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > my new mausers... why is the bolt tight and how to fix it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default my new mausers... why is the bolt tight and how to fix it?

i bought two mausers a yugo 24/47 and a turk... the action on the turk is smooth as silk but on the yugo not so much.... i disassembled the bolt and cleaned what i could reach and still sticky.... i think there is a deposit of gunk in the compartment that surrounds the firing pin not in the straight portion but two winged out brackets of sorts all the way on the other side.... how do i get in there and clean it up??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #2

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 789

Leave it to a Brooklyn boy not to know guns! I was a little east of you as a kid.
OK, cycle the bolt so the rifle is cocked. Engage the safety to the upright postion. Remove bolt. Do not disingauge safety. There is a pin next to the bolt handle that you depress and just un-screw the bolt body from the top ring. Now use a block of wood and press the firing pin into it untill the cocking sleeve is above the ring. Turn the ring 1/4 turn and slowly release pressure, I do mean slowly. The pin and cocking sleeve will release from the ring. The pin and spring will slide off.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:54 AM   #3

thanks but thats where i was when i started what i cant get to is the inside of the bolt body whats a good method to clean in there??

Old 10-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #4

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 789

Buy some mineral spirits and let all the parts soak. The best way I know to dissolve hard cosmoline. Scrub it w/ a brush, swab w/ patch. JP