My New Marlin. WOW! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > My New Marlin. WOW!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 05:04 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

? Screw you guys, I'm going home!

Old 05-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #22

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Axxe, switch to decaf please.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22239 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Axxe, switch to decaf please.
Hock, i learned a long time ago, never ask a question, unless you could handle the answer. not my nature to soothe egos, or to sugarcoat the truth. i call it things the way i see them.

did you look at the patches he posted? those didn't come from the bore of a new riflle. he got swindled on a deal for a dishonest online dealer and he doesn't want to face the truth. so he came on here blaming the rifle and saying they were junk. it could have been any brand and the results would have been the same. he was sold a used rifle as new, he got it, he got lucky they exchanged it, but the end result is he blamed the wrong party for the deed. so if his feelings are hurt, all i can say is, maybe he needs to grow up and act like an adult and and accept thing for the way they are.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #24

Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

IME, those patches have the look of a rifle

barrel which was rode hard and put away wet.

Cleaning is possible, (PM me)

but that rifle was neither new nor clean...

Old 05-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #25

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Axxe, not arguing, just sayin' 2 relax a little before you hurt yourself.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #26

Hock, i'm very relaxed and not in any danger of hurting myself. i just point out the facts the way they are. he got shafted on the deal and then put the blame on the rifle and said they are junk. i proved him wrong, and his feelings got hurt. because he will never admit it here on a public forum, but he knows he got swindled and wanted to blame something other than his own self for being swindled.

example, you go to buy a new car, and they switch a car on you, and then it has a problem, do you blame the brand of car or the dealer? the brand IMO is totally irrelevent, the dealer tried to pull a fast one and is the one at fault, not the brand of the car. this is no different. he bought a rifle online with the expectation the rifle was new, it wasn't new it was used. he complained to the dealer, luckily, they exchanged it, because they got caught, then he wants to complain that Marlin makes junk rifles. see the point?

Old 05-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #27

Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Point well taken, Axxe.

But you have to admit when you see this much smoke,

generally there is a fire.

And the way Marlin's reputation, as a company, has suffered

isn't helping put out the flames.

What I don't understand is why someone would claim

a rifle is NIB, and not even bother to clean the barrel. Possibly

they were gambling that a non-discriminating buyer would

purchase it, throw it in the back of the truck, and immediately

take it out and fire 500 rounds through it?

Old 05-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #28

Wolf, my point is, that situation was the fault of the seller, not the brand of rifle. it could have been any brand. if it had been a Ruger or a Winchester, i would have still taken the same position i have. if i bought a NIB rifle, i would expect a NIB rifle, not used and if i were to recieved a used one, i would lay the blame on the seller, not the rifle. i am not naive and believe that Marlin hasn't had some issues with their rifles since the buyout by Remington, but most were with the lever actioned rifles and not the X7 series of rifles. i just recently looked at a Marlin 1894 in 44 magnum, NIB, and fit and finish were excellent, nice blueing, smooth action and seemed very solidly built. i know with my dealer selling Marlins as fast as he does, this rifle hasn't been sitting there since 2007! i also looked a NIB 336 S/S model in 30-30, it too was in excellent condition. so from my viewpoint, i am just not seeing all these problems that people are claiming to be wrong with the Marlins.

his problem should have been with the seller, not the brand. period. if i had bought a NIB rifle, that would have been unacceptable to me, but used, i wouldn't have near the same issue. i buy used rifles all the time, and see the same amount of dirty bores and gunked up triggers and actions. not everyone is as detail driven as i am when it comes to firearms.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #29
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1193 Times on 575 Posts
Likes Given: 181

I bought a X7VH Marlin 22-250 a few months ago and love it!! It shoots very accurate and works perfect. I have never seen a better trigger pull on any rifle. But, if you had rust on yours, something is amiss and just does not sound right. I would start by calling or email Marlin with serial number and check it out.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearhunter View Post
I bought a X7VH Marlin 22-250 a few months ago and love it!! It shoots very accurate and works perfect. I have never seen a better trigger pull on any rifle. But, if you had rust on yours, something is amiss and just does not sound right. I would start by calling or email Marlin with serial number and check it out.
i have the XS7VH in 308 and i know when it was made and i know for a fact how well it shoots. excellent trigger on mine, adjusted to just under 2lbs. and does it shoot good. shortly in the future i plan on adding the XS7VH in 22-250 to the collection along with the XS7 in 243. the 243 i haven't decided on S/S or the blue finish yet. i might go the S/S just to have some variety in my Marlin bolt actions!