My new "guilty pleasure"
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > My new "guilty pleasure"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 04:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 73 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default My new "guilty pleasure"

Just bought this, and am already embarrassed to talk about it, haha, but boy oh boy is it a hoot to blast away with. Bought it from somebody who dressed it up as you see it. It'll be wearing some duracoat before too long.

9mm, by the way.

Sometimes we need a guilty pleasure, I'd like to think my other firearms make up for this momentary lack of taste...haha.

No but seriously, I only have 20 rounds through it, but am already lovin it.

Cheap, ugly, and heavy, but it'll go bang when I pull the trigger....

Andrew - Landscape architecture student. Not landscaper

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-05-2011, 05:33 AM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Hey if it helped Charleton Heston beat those damned apes it's good enough for plinking...

Those are great "fun" guns for killing time at the range. Also make good truck guns. If it ever breaks, send it back to Hi Point, they have one of the best warranties around...lifetime, unlimited.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 10-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21581 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

nothing to be embarrassed about! if you like it and it works good, then its a great gun. i think with a little makeover, it would be nice looking gun. do it all black and it would look really sharp! enjoy it. i am still thinking about buying a hi-point pistol myself. you just gave me a reason to check out the carbines now! i just might have to get a carbine instead of the pistol.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2733 Times on 1431 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Hey if it helped Charleton Heston beat those damned apes it's good enough for plinking...

Those are great "fun" guns for killing time at the range. Also make good truck guns. If it ever breaks, send it back to Hi Point, they have one of the best warranties around...lifetime, unlimited.
Heston used a modified M-1 Carbine.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 10-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #5

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Heston used a modified M-1 Carbine.
modified to look like a Hi Point...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 10-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #6

Well, it definitely is fun, I'm going to start cleaning it up this weekend, and removing some of the bling.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #7
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

i have actually been thinking about getting one in 45 acp!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj
i have actually been thinking about getting one in 45 acp!
I got one. It's a blast to shoot and a great beat it up truck gun. it is pretty damn accurate too. I have shot good groups up to 75 yards with mine.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #9

Need some opinions...

some paint scheme mock ups...I want to go with something a little more "desert" themed. With paint and the rail removed it looks a bit more like a beretta storm...only 1/3rd the price.

What say you? First ideas are just using tan, this would most likely be a duracoat or maybe even just a kyrlon fusion job, seeing as I dont want to spend 30 bucks on duracoat.

Please note that the metal areas look different in these mockups, but they would be the same color/finish as the rest of the gun when painted, its just photoshop keeping the reflective nature of the metal.

Also note that the bottom weaver rail will be removed and the holles will be filled, then it will be mounted on the right side of the gun, to mimic the one you see on the left side. I figure it;ll be better there and more useful than the angled one on the bottom, if i ever desire to use it.

Black and Sand 1

Black and Sand 2

Sand and OD 1

Sand and OD 2

Any other suggestions on color combos? Maybe a sand and brown? or something? I'm not too good at the color and patterns thing.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #10

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Don't be ashamed... Some of us just WON'T pass up a good deal