Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   My Mosin PU sniper had a baby!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/my-mosin-pu-sniper-had-baby-49521/)

JonM 10-09-2011 01:11 AM

My Mosin PU sniper had a baby!!
 
my plan today was to go to the rifle range. my wife called me when i just got there and said: "HEY!! there is a gunshow in union grove!!"

so after only a few shots i headed home and off to the show. turned out to be a good day!!

picked up a Mosin M44 for 175$ two sets of lee dies one for 45-70 32$ one for 9mm 47$ new one lee crimp die for 45-70 12$. payed a little more than midway price on the 9mm but the difference was the shipping. combined 45-70 and 9mm dies saved a total 24$ + whatever the shipping woulda been.

also got some pink cannon fuse!! who can resist pink cannon fuse!!

the wife got me a pack of qtips on a stick too.

got a pink belt holster for my bersa thunder 25$ portion went to breast cancer charity.

My wife got a book called "The Cornered Cat: A Woman's Guide to Concealed Carry" by Kathy Jackson 374 pages.

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/7190/img0180m.jpg

the mosin imported by r-guns looks like its brand new only a small rubbing wear mark on a small corner of the stock. all major parts match its got a 1945 stamp by ishvek.

the bolt works very smooth for a mosin. the trigger has a LOT of creep. it eventually breaks and its consistant. ill have to take it down as it feels like the trigger has been bubba'd a bit. but mosin triggers are cheap.

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/7350/img0181nq.jpg

ive been looking for a m44 for a good price so im happy with 175 out the door.

anyway it was a good day even if i didnt get much shooting in.

g17frantz 10-09-2011 01:24 AM

Sounds like an eventful day! Congrats on finding some good deals Jon! Range report range report! I've been thinking about picking up a Mosin myself, is it a booger to tear apart?

jjfuller1 10-09-2011 01:29 AM

nice m44 it looks great. i like mine. there is a noticable difference in recoil between my m44 and my 91/30.

JonM 10-09-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g17frantz (Post 596880)
Sounds like an eventful day! Congrats on finding some good deals Jon! Range report range report! I've been thinking about picking up a Mosin myself, is it a booger to tear apart?

i gotta do one for the marlin 1895 too. they are very easy. but you do need a bolt tool to get the firing pin spacing correct. the bolt can be a little fiddly to take apart the first few times you do it but overall its very easy very simple rifle to tear apart clean and put together. the trigger/sear is only like 4 parts and a screw!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1 (Post 596884)
nice m44 it looks great. i like mine. there is a noticable difference in recoil between my m44 and my 91/30.

thanks :) ive fired one before and ive been looking for a good one for a good price for a while now. they are very very fun the muzzle flash and blast is astounding!!

towboater 10-09-2011 01:36 AM

Nice looking M44.

JonM 10-09-2011 01:42 AM

oh what really sucked was the m44 was the very first thing i found. so i got peckerwooded carrying it around by every person in the place afterwards wanting to buy it!!

jjfuller1 10-09-2011 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 596889)

thanks :) ive fired one before and ive been looking for a good one for a good price for a while now. they are very very fun the muzzle flash and blast is astounding!!

yeah, i was really quite amazed at the difference. my m44 throws out flame and lets me really know i pulled the trigger. my 91/30 is much less of a show stopper. as an entertainer the m44 definatly takes first prize.

i lost it now as i have changed phones but wheni got my m44. my friend recorded me shooting a string of rapid fire shots. it was an amazing ring tone to hear the bang, and bolt worked.

JonM 10-09-2011 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1 (Post 596900)
yeah, i was really quite amazed at the difference. my m44 throws out flame and lets me really know i pulled the trigger. my 91/30 is much less of a show stopper. as an entertainer the m44 definatly takes first prize.

i lost it now as i have changed phones but wheni got my m44. my friend recorded me shooting a string of rapid fire shots. it was an amazing ring tone to hear the bang, and bolt worked.

that is an awesome!! idea!!


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:08 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.