My Dream come true.... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

My Dream come true....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Ah, I saw stuff being labeled as magnetic/non and was wondering what the issue was with that. good to know.

Its weird, seems like these rifles are a world of their own, and I feel like I need to re-learn everything!

Gotta get some grease and good cleaning products, as I said, I plan to keep this rifle forever.
The M14 does take on a "cult appeal" after a while. Just surrender and start planning for your second one.

Best sights ever used on a battle rifle.
Best trigger on a battle rifle.
Match grade accuracy (potential).
Legendary reliability and durability.

What's not to love?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #22

Liked 48 Times on 28 Posts

Congratulations on your graduation, great choice of cigars and OUTSTANDING taste in firearms!

Old 05-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #23

Liked 86 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Well, here's a mini range report.

Keep in mind this is still my first time ever shooting this rifle, or any .308 for that matter. I dunno what that accounts for, but i'll put it out there.

Was shooting at 100 yards the entire time. Got it dialed in elevation wise, windage was good to go. Slightly breezy day. Shooting German DAG Surplus ammo, 147 Grain I believe.

At 100 yards, sitting with the rifle on sand bags I was able to pull off a few 2" groups when I was concentrating on remaining accurate. At 100 yards i was able to keep all the shots within the black (6" i believe?) with minimal effort.

It seems like these rifles just make the shooter more accurate! It was hard to NOT be accurate, haha.

After shooting on the bags it was still a sinch to keep everything on paper while sitting upright and standing with 2 second shot intervals.

Have I mentioned I love this rifle?

Next trip I'll move out to 150 and 200 yards, but i might need glasses at that point.

Shot my buddy's M1A standard with a national match rear sight and a trigger job. Loved the sight so I think I'll be picking one up, as they arent too expensive, and shouldnt be too hard to install.

All in all, I'm pleased with my performance (I dont think I'm a "great shot" by any means) and I love shooting this rifle. Now...to order more ammo and that rear sight!

Andrew - Landscape architecture student. Not landscaper

Old 05-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Well, here's a mini range report.

Keep in mind this is still my first time ever shooting this rifle, or any .308 for that matter. I dunno what that accounts for, but i'll put it out there.

Was shooting at 100 yards the entire time. Got it dialed in elevation wise, windage was good to go. Slightly breezy day. Shooting German DAG Surplus ammo, 147 Grain I believe.

At 100 yards, sitting with the rifle on sand bags I was able to pull off a few 2" groups when I was concentrating on remaining accurate. At 100 yards i was able to keep all the shots within the black (6" i believe?) with minimal effort.

It seems like these rifles just make the shooter more accurate! It was hard to NOT be accurate, haha.

After shooting on the bags it was still a sinch to keep everything on paper while sitting upright and standing with 2 second shot intervals.

Have I mentioned I love this rifle?

Next trip I'll move out to 150 and 200 yards, but i might need glasses at that point.

Shot my buddy's M1A standard with a national match rear sight and a trigger job. Loved the sight so I think I'll be picking one up, as they arent too expensive, and shouldnt be too hard to install.

All in all, I'm pleased with my performance (I dont think I'm a "great shot" by any means) and I love shooting this rifle. Now...to order more ammo and that rear sight!
Sounds like your addiction is off to an amazing start. Great shooting, Doc.

Keep the range reports coming.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-14-2010, 11:59 PM   #25

Liked 231 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I can just imagine clipping dozens of nazi's through those front sights.
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 05-15-2010, 12:50 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
I can just imagine clipping dozens of nazi's through those front sights.
Nice. I just laughed out loud in my office.

First one today! Thanks.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI