Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > My AR Has to Go in the trash

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thaat video was hysterical! I love how people get bent out of shape over calling magazines "clips." Personally i call them mags, magazines, and clips.

And I agree, it only matters if you are happy with your rifle.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #72

Liked 2187 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpleman View Post
I honestly believe that it's all in the shooter. I much rather have a lower quality rifle and spend good money on my optics, but like I was saying the shooter is the one who has to maintain the rifle keeping it well oiled, sight the scope for your desired distance, reading wind, breathing and finally pulling the trigger. It doesn't matter how much you spend on the rifle
It's self it's you who puts forth the effort and spends the time practicing to make that final shot count.
Too right, sir. I'd cast my vote for the guy who cleans the barrel,

shoots it , keeps it oiled regularly; and can afford it ALL,

because he didn't take the champagne taste/beer budget advice of some

elitist internet wannabe who's probably never seen the inside of a range

his whole life.

CLIP! Clipperino! CLIPPETY, CLIP!CLIP! CLIP!

Last edited by therewolf; 04-06-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:04 AM   #73
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7337 Times on 4253 Posts
Likes Given: 9451

I am reminded of a hunting trip where my (future) father-in-law had his 1903 Springfield and a worn out box of ammunition that was missing a dozen rounds. He was being ribbed about his old rifle and old ammo, he responded by saying that he had fed the family for many years with that rifle, and as to the ammo, three rounds had been fired at a target to see how they worked in the gun. Each of the rest had killed a deer.

He gave me that rifle before I even married his daughter and it is my favorite hunting gun today (with good reason).

I would like to have an AR, but I won't be shooting the AR when it really counts (except as a last-ditch weapon). It will be either my old 1903 Springfield or the M1 Garand. One shot on (each) target is all it should take, regardless of what the circumstances are.

Anyhow, don't be a Prima Donna when talking about your likes/dislikes. If you are you had better damn well be able to back you BS up with facts!

Old 04-07-2011, 06:15 AM   #74

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

They are just a bunch of little men patting each other on the back so that they can pretend they are good enough shooters to justify the amount of cash they spent on their weapons.

I don't care what you spend on things, good for you. Just don't tell me my patched together Stag/Del-ton/DPMS baby isn't good enough to play in the mud with yours.

The truth will set you free, but first it's going to piss you off.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #75

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

kinda reminds me of the housing crash idiots who bought what they actually couldntt afford so they could claim to be the biggest and best. my bushy has about 8000 rds through it and never had a problem though it would be trash to them as it isnt in the top five. but when the shtf it will still be running. and just because you have the most expensive one doenst actually make it the best one if you dont actually know what to do with it or have the nutz to pull the trigger.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #76
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7337 Times on 4253 Posts
Likes Given: 9451

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilddawg1 View Post
kinda reminds me of the housing crash idiots who bought what they actually couldntt afford so they could claim to be the biggest and best.
Haw Haw! That is so true! I knew a guy who had to have the "best" of everything, big expensive house, expensive car, all the expensive guns, etc.. He also had declared bankruptcy 3 times, and would have a party (with champagne and filet mignon, all paid for on the soon-to-be cancelled credit cards) "celebrating" the bankruptcies. He would brag about it to beat hell. I never liked or associated with the guy mind you, he was a friend of my brother-in-law who would be invited to barbecues that I haven't gone to myself for many years because all of the people who do are pompous A-Holes.

The downside to this guy's lifestyle? Dead at 46 years of age. Can't help but thinking that bad things happen to bad people sometimes.

Sounds like the guys on "That Other Forum"!

Old 04-09-2011, 02:02 AM   #77

Likes Given: 22

Well it sucks to be me, I have a RRA and Bushie. The RRA has never failed; the BM has jammed twice, both times due to bad ammo.

Question - Which site is the most ridiculus? ARf.com or M4gery.com.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #78

Liked 2187 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texgunner View Post
Well it sucks to be me, I have a RRA and Bushie. The RRA has never failed; the BM has jammed twice, both times due to bad ammo.

Question - Which site is the most ridiculus? ARf.com or M4gery.com.
Neither. It's "Iusetheoilfrommyacnepimplestolubemygun.com

Old 04-09-2011, 10:14 PM   #79

Liked 622 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
I have been getting alot of " You got a BushMaster, do you really want to trust your life to substandard parts".

I have a 1990's vintage Bushmaster DCM. Paid alot those days, more then most now. I've never had a FTF, FTE, no failure. After 18 years it is still perfect as far as accuracy and reliablity. I have more issues with beating up mags. I offered to trade it for a Stevens 322? .22 Hornet w/ 2 mags and 30 rounds of ammo and $650.00. I was tossing in 500 rounds of ammo, 2- 10 round mags, 2- 5 round mags for hunting (Ma resident), scope and base. He thought it was a bad deal.
He is asking $350.00 for the rifle. I would have paid that, but for his negitive response. I just don't shoot it since I bought my CZ 527 Varminter and have a great Wasr2 in 5.45x39. The round count is very low on the DCM, it has a chrome lined bore and chamber. It is a $1300.00 rifle these days and mine is when they were made in Maine, to order.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.