My AR Has to Go in the trash - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > My AR Has to Go in the trash

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 02:17 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 768 Times on 445 Posts
Likes Given: 466

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDeanSr View Post
My Armalite is not in the top tier of uber cool tactical assassin rifles but I still love it! It hasn't failed me yet.
What does Armalite know about making a good AR anyway?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 03-18-2011 at 02:27 AM.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:24 AM   #22

Liked 734 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 761

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Damn. That means that I'm not even worthy enough to lurk there because I have a Mini 14.

Most of the guys I know w/ minis are morons..... so. Glad your not one,,,,, hmmm...

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:30 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Not only am I not a moron, I can spell vokabewlarry.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-18-2011, 02:34 AM   #24

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Geeze! Was that for real? I am frugal by necessity so I would buy the least expensive option even if my life depended on it (which, at this point, it does not.) I guess my Mini14 that I have been carefully massaging into a decently accurate gun is only good as a tomato stake on that forum!

I am a firm believer in the idea that you don't disrespect the choices of another person if he has a different point of view, desire or need. In this case the poster wanted an inexpensive AR to take to the range and throw lead downrange. Nothing wrong with that on any level!

I just bought a $500 chainsaw because I need it to make a living. If my neighbor asked me for advice on the best chainsaw he could buy I would advise him to buy the same brand, but not the professional model that I bought. Why? Because he doesn't need the one that costs at least twice as much as the "homeowner" model. Actually if my neighbor asked which chainsaw (or gun for that matter) I would recommend he buy I would tell him some version of "None. You would hurt yourself anyhow. Call me and I will help you out."

Don't be a hater!
Exactly. Most people buy things by need and how they can afford it and there are some that buy because they have more money than brains. I was taught many years ago not to ridicule things owned or used because it may be the only thing the person can afford. Adding to that there are some things in most products that are in the so called "bottom tier" that don't cost a pretty penny but are just as reliable.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:36 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Oh, that's IT!

GET OUT!!

LMAO!

At FTF, we have the "Dirty Dozen-est" group of members on the Interwebz.

They bitch, they moan, they complain about everyone and everything and they fight with each other.

And then a Supporting Member posts a need, or a cause.

Then everything is forgotten and suddenly this team is more powerful than a steamroller and will take ground like a colony of of pissed off African Ants! They join together and they make sh!t happen when other people are willing to sit by and say "Someone should do something".

I wouldn't want to stand in their way, but I am proud to be one of them.

JD

So are you naming us "The FTF Dirty Dozen-est? And can we quote this when necessary?

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:40 AM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Before you trash it, can I have the opportunity to buy that bottom of the line pos. I promise I'll properly dispose of it.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:43 AM   #27

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
So are you naming us "The FTF Dirty Dozen-est? And can we quote this when necessary?
While not my finest moment on this forum, if you so choose, thus you be Knighted. By my hand, so let it be written, so let it be cast.

But all silliness aside, the S/M's here are AMAZING in their "give the shirt off your back" kindness that is NEVER seen in this day and age.

JD

Old 03-18-2011, 02:44 AM   #28

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Before you trash it, can I have the opportunity to buy that bottom of the line pos. I promise I'll properly dispose of it.
I can speak for Goju's character. He bought my POS Kimber and has thusly trashed it from one end of the Interwebz to the other. Stupid Kimber.

JD

Old 03-18-2011, 02:47 AM   #29
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9209 Times on 3974 Posts
Likes Given: 1441

Gee- I wonder how they feel about Harrington & Richardson ?

Since they made the M16 rifle I was issued. And we looked for rifles made by the Hydramatic Division of GM for our left handed shooters- early rifles tended to throw brass down a lefty's shirt- but the GM rifles had a different ejection path.

I should drop in over there and post some questions about my M4 carbine. I really like the .22 Hornet cartridge.

See how many THAT will stir up! (LONG before the AR platform, there was the M4 Survival Carbine, in caliber .22 Hornet)

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:48 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Oh, so you are one of those bottom tier people who don't care if you are kicked to the curb?

I'll package it up and check to see if the Pony Express goes by your place. If they don't, you're out of luck.