Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > My AR Has to Go in the trash

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default My AR Has to Go in the trash

Last night I was working a midnight shift and I was wandering through another gun forum.

I came across a thread where someone wanted to know how to get his dad to buy a "good" AR because he had the "O" AR with a BSA red dot. The person even said his dad liked the set up and said by buying less expensive guns, it allows him to buy more.

Anyway, the responses were to put it mildly, trashing any AR that wasn't in what most members called "the top 5". So then I went through other threads within the forum and found that if you don't have one of the "5" you aren't worthy and you have wasted your money on worthless junk. One person actually wrote that using an AR plinker like a Bushy or a RRA, you couldn't count on it for home defense or a disaster scenario. Another advised the OP to take it out and run it hard until it breaks, then have the dad get a good gun.

I recognized a few being vendors and in the know but I'm willing to bet that 75% of the others have no proof or experience to knock another product and are only repeating what others have said.

Now my AR wasn't named as in their named bottom tier junk(not my opinion), nor is it in the top 5, so being that it doesn't rate with them I'll just have to trash it, and the new upper I just bought.

What a bunch of pompous %$&hats!

destrutiontrashcan.jpg  

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-18-2011, 12:07 AM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Hey if you want to hang with the in crowd...

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #3

Liked 666 Times on 457 Posts
Likes Given: 672

You've been on Arf.com!!

I've been banned!!!

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:16 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
You've been on Arf.com!!
Nope it was the other one.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
Hey if you want to hang with the in crowd...
Jo, I'm just not worthy. I hang my head in shame and embarrassment.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:21 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I use the model specific forums strictly for the technical threads and classifieds. The rest of it is pretty much composed of fan boys, posturing, mutual ass kissing and d!ck measuring contests.

Life is way too short to waste it in places like that.

I'd rather waste it here.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-18-2011, 12:28 AM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
Last night I was working a midnight shift and I was wandering through another gun forum.
Mistake number one.

Quote:
I came across a thread where someone wanted to know how to get his dad to buy a "good" AR because he had the "O" AR with a BSA red dot. The person even said his dad liked the set up and said by buying less expensive guns, it allows him to buy more.
It's a kid, and he can't be trusted.

Quote:
Anyway, the responses were to put it mildly, trashing any AR that wasn't in what most members called "the top 5".
Was Kelly TTE in there?

Quote:
So then I went through other threads within the forum and found that if you don't have one of the "5" you aren't worthy and you have wasted your money on worthless junk. One person actually wrote that using an AR plinker like a Bushy or a RRA, you couldn't count on it for home defense or a disaster scenario.
Yeah. The AR Snob. They are EVERYWHERE on line. We keep them in check here with what we like to refer to as FACTS.

Quote:
I recognized a few being vendors and in the know but I'm willing to bet that 75% of the others have no proof or experience to knock another product and are only repeating what others have said.
A Vendor is the LAST person anyone should be taking purchasing advice from. Being a vendor means you are selling sh!t. Ever ask a car dealer about a vehicle they don't carry?

Quote:
Now my AR wasn't named as in their named bottom tier junk(not my opinion), nor is it in the top 5, so being that it doesn't rate with them I'll just have to trash it, and the new upper I just bought.

What a bunch of pompous asshats!
That about sums it up.

Look kids, I can't say this enough. The name on the receiver doesn't make it a good gun. The barrel doesn't make it a top tier weapon. The handle and flashlight and all that other happy crap doesn't make it reliable.

I can build a "reliable" AR out of a plywood lower and an upper of any manufacturer's making. The difference is, I know the weapon. For a lot of these f*ck's, they don't know a Take Down Pin from a Detent.

JD

Old 03-18-2011, 12:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Mistake number one.

There was only 2 new posts on FTF, I was lost so I strayed.. I'm sorry.

Was Kelly TTE in there?

Nope.

A Vendor is the LAST person anyone should be taking purchasing advice from. Being a vendor means you are selling sh!t. Ever ask a car dealer about a vehicle they don't carry?

I was afraid to ask them if my cars and boats met their approval, but since I don't have Jag's, or beemers I didn't.

That about sums it up.

Look kids, I can't say this enough. The name on the receiver doesn't make it a good gun. The barrel doesn't make it a top tier weapon. The handle and flashlight and all that other happy crap doesn't make it reliable.

I can build a "reliable" AR out of a plywood lower and an upper of any manufacturer's making. The difference is, I know the weapon. For a lot of these f*ck's, they don't know a Take Down Pin from a Detent.

JD
That's the gospel according to JD, Amen!

Old 03-18-2011, 12:41 AM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Watch this, then post it in the forum you are talking about,nail on the head.

Last edited by BudW; 03-18-2011 at 12:52 AM.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:46 AM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Wow, I wouldn't last a day on that forum with my Spike's/Stag/RRA/Tapco frankenAR