Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   My AR Has to Go in the trash (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/my-ar-has-go-trash-39937/)

Car54 03-18-2011 01:01 AM

My AR Has to Go in the trash

1 Attachment(s)
Last night I was working a midnight shift and I was wandering through another gun forum.

I came across a thread where someone wanted to know how to get his dad to buy a "good" AR because he had the "O" AR with a BSA red dot. The person even said his dad liked the set up and said by buying less expensive guns, it allows him to buy more.

Anyway, the responses were to put it mildly, trashing any AR that wasn't in what most members called "the top 5". So then I went through other threads within the forum and found that if you don't have one of the "5" you aren't worthy and you have wasted your money on worthless junk. One person actually wrote that using an AR plinker like a Bushy or a RRA, you couldn't count on it for home defense or a disaster scenario. Another advised the OP to take it out and run it hard until it breaks, then have the dad get a good gun.

I recognized a few being vendors and in the know but I'm willing to bet that 75% of the others have no proof or experience to knock another product and are only repeating what others have said.

Now my AR wasn't named as in their named bottom tier junk(not my opinion), nor is it in the top 5, so being that it doesn't rate with them I'll just have to trash it, and the new upper I just bought.

What a bunch of pompous %$&hats!

Jo da Plumbr 03-18-2011 01:07 AM

Hey if you want to hang with the in crowd...

jpattersonnh 03-18-2011 01:14 AM

You've been on Arf.com!! http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...sonnh/gaah.gifhttp://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...sonnh/gaah.gifhttp://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...sonnh/gaah.gif

I've been banned!!!

Car54 03-18-2011 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpattersonnh (Post 467047)
You've been on Arf.com!!

Nope it was the other one.

Car54 03-18-2011 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr (Post 467036)
Hey if you want to hang with the in crowd...

Jo, I'm just not worthy. I hang my head in shame and embarrassment.

CA357 03-18-2011 01:21 AM

I use the model specific forums strictly for the technical threads and classifieds. The rest of it is pretty much composed of fan boys, posturing, mutual ass kissing and d!ck measuring contests.

Life is way too short to waste it in places like that.

I'd rather waste it here. ;)

Dillinger 03-18-2011 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car54 (Post 467031)
Last night I was working a midnight shift and I was wandering through another gun forum.

Mistake number one. :(

Quote:

I came across a thread where someone wanted to know how to get his dad to buy a "good" AR because he had the "O" AR with a BSA red dot. The person even said his dad liked the set up and said by buying less expensive guns, it allows him to buy more.

It's a kid, and he can't be trusted.

Quote:

Anyway, the responses were to put it mildly, trashing any AR that wasn't in what most members called "the top 5".

Was Kelly TTE in there? :rolleyes:

Quote:

So then I went through other threads within the forum and found that if you don't have one of the "5" you aren't worthy and you have wasted your money on worthless junk. One person actually wrote that using an AR plinker like a Bushy or a RRA, you couldn't count on it for home defense or a disaster scenario.

Yeah. The AR Snob. They are EVERYWHERE on line. We keep them in check here with what we like to refer to as FACTS.

Quote:

I recognized a few being vendors and in the know but I'm willing to bet that 75% of the others have no proof or experience to knock another product and are only repeating what others have said.

A Vendor is the LAST person anyone should be taking purchasing advice from. Being a vendor means you are selling sh!t. Ever ask a car dealer about a vehicle they don't carry? :rolleyes:

Quote:

Now my AR wasn't named as in their named bottom tier junk(not my opinion), nor is it in the top 5, so being that it doesn't rate with them I'll just have to trash it, and the new upper I just bought.

What a bunch of pompous asshats!

That about sums it up.

Look kids, I can't say this enough. The name on the receiver doesn't make it a good gun. The barrel doesn't make it a top tier weapon. The handle and flashlight and all that other happy crap doesn't make it reliable.

I can build a "reliable" AR out of a plywood lower and an upper of any manufacturer's making. The difference is, I know the weapon. For a lot of these f*ck's, they don't know a Take Down Pin from a Detent. ;)

JD

Car54 03-18-2011 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 467071)
Mistake number one. :(

There was only 2 new posts on FTF, I was lost so I strayed.. I'm sorry.

Was Kelly TTE in there? :rolleyes:

Nope.

A Vendor is the LAST person anyone should be taking purchasing advice from. Being a vendor means you are selling sh!t. Ever ask a car dealer about a vehicle they don't carry? :rolleyes:

I was afraid to ask them if my cars and boats met their approval, but since I don't have Jag's, or beemers I didn't.

That about sums it up.

Look kids, I can't say this enough. The name on the receiver doesn't make it a good gun. The barrel doesn't make it a top tier weapon. The handle and flashlight and all that other happy crap doesn't make it reliable.

I can build a "reliable" AR out of a plywood lower and an upper of any manufacturer's making. The difference is, I know the weapon. For a lot of these f*ck's, they don't know a Take Down Pin from a Detent. ;)

JD

That's the gospel according to JD, Amen!

BudW 03-18-2011 01:41 AM

Watch this, then post it in the forum you are talking about,nail on the head.

General_lee 03-18-2011 01:46 AM

Wow, I wouldn't last a day on that forum with my Spike's/Stag/RRA/Tapco frankenAR :D