Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Most underrated rifle.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 02:01 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

the SKS is under rated by alot of people,i dont get it?

its fairly accurate out to 300yrds (max!) for me
its a basic design
it is semi auto
ammo is plentiful & very cheap!(yugo 16cents a rd.)
it is cheap,well was...
there is alot of aftermarket goodies for it
& with a lil tweaking,AK mags will fit them!
has a nice pig sticker
oh yeah...they are C&R eligible too

Last edited by m72law; 12-30-2010 at 02:21 PM.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2134 Times on 1065 Posts
Likes Given: 1089

JP

Thanks for the invite! If I ever get out your way that would be great!

Old 01-01-2011, 03:38 AM   #23

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ive got one of these and its probably best rifle ruger has ever produced

I have never even heard of that and am now on the hunt for one....
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-01-2011, 03:41 AM   #24

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

What about this, it's great for CCW and I've heard they now have a reduced recoil load
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-01-2011, 03:45 AM   #25

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default not your run of the mill .....

the remington 7600 .....newer version of 760 ...model 6 ...pump action rifle .lots of different calibers ,reliable ,very accurate and the best feature imo is that its so user friendly as is its twin brother the 870 shotgun.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:51 AM   #26
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5118 Times on 2664 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
I have never even heard of that and am now on the hunt for one....
your gonna love it when you find one. there are two versions. one with a 4 round tube mag one with a detachable box mag like the 10/22. you want the tube fed one the box mag one is poop. dont fire non jacketed bullets out of it. there are a lot out there but people seldom sell them when they do turn up they tend to go fast.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
What is the most underrated rifle out there. I am not talk about SAVAGE. I am talking about a rifle that is out there that few people know about that is really good.
I've heard "Howas" are pretty good

Old 01-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #28

Location: Cubicle LVW-2a43E,Burrokratic republic of michigan, rock #3

I have the old ruger 44 carbine with the tube fed magazine and it is not for sale thank you. It is picky with ammo, mine likes the heavier bullets or it will not cycle properly. With proper ammo it is dependable repeater, very very accurate out past 100 yards, and a nice companion to the ruger redhawk fourty four magelem revolver (I got one of those too) for all your brush hunting needs.

But I do not want to nominate the rugure 44 carbine for the most underrated rifle, noooo........

there is another autoloading rifle out there, just a little bit longer, just a little bit heavier, a lot more powerfull and not quite as accurate,

A rifle that when introduced, prompted the guns and ammo magazine editors to remark....."A gun that brings new levels of inacuracy to the american shooting public"

The Fabulus semi automatic winchester model 100 in 308 winchester caliber.

I inherited mine a dozen or so years ago and it was love at first sight. Came from my uncle that was uniquly sucessfull deer hunting but was strangely quiet on technich and strategy. Yeah, it has trouble hitting a milk jug at a hundred yards but when it does hit that milk jug, it is the deadest milk jug in the county. Beautiful walnut stock with pressed checkering, sleek design that melts into your shoulder, and I cannot explain it but it has not missed a deer that it has takin a shot at. there is something magical about this gun that will not show up on the shooting range. It doesnt work on paper but it cannot miss a deer! it is like it aims itself, certinly cannot be accountable to the idiot holding it. and that idiot doesnt have to be me either, I loan it to my huntin buddy that falls asleep in the woods, the one we sneak up on and pull the trigger to surprise him, and he comes back lookin for help to get his deer back. everybody wants to borrow mygun all the time. Never gets a monster buck but then none of us has ever gotten a monster buck. We alwyas get venison in the freezer though. couple of deer every year via different hunters except the year before last when we all got skunked. The easiest shot was three years ago at a measured five yards (thats fifteen feet for those metric disabled hunters out there), after the four point stumbled into my blind and woke me up. Tuffest shot was 170 yards laser ranged through heavy forrest through a six inch window of branches at a moving six point that I still cannot believe I was able to harvest the venison from. Still pinch myself in the arm thinking about that shot.

Anyways, the winchester model 100, winchester 308 autoloader is the most underrated gun of all time. and no, mine is not for sale either thank you.

Regards,
Cranky

Old 01-02-2011, 04:19 AM   #29

Default CZs

I think the CZ rifles in all calibers are often overlooked, and they outshine some of their much more expensive brothers.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #30

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

30-30 in lever