Most Common

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Most Common

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Most Common

Is the AK rifle the most common battle rifle in the world today?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-19-2007, 06:07 PM   #2

Yes it is. Nothing beats it overall really. Cheap, abuseable, semi accucate, tough.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:05 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The AK47 is the ultimate battle rifle. A lot of stopping power, high capacity, shoots in all conditions, easy to clean, simple to handle and as stated above cheap! All these factors and more have made it one of the most popular battle rifles ever made.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 07-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Most Common AK-47/74?

Hello all

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

Yes, the AK47/74 is the most common military rifle in the world, seemed that in my 24 years of sailing around the world, (Retired squid), seems like no mater where we went the bad guys and now more recently the good guys all carried AK-47 rifles? I long for the old days like in africa, where if the guy ran off carring an AK-47, ya shot him, if he carried an FAL, he was probably OK? All fun aside, I carried the M-14 most of the active duty years the navy was not willing to give up the M-14 in Favor of the M-16, so after I retired, I shot the M1A (CIV Version M-14) against a few different AK varients, after a lot of Lay off's illness in the Family and retirement, I now only own the Maadi, (Egypt copy of AK-47), LOL Funny how it all shakes out? With my eyesite as well as th ranges I'd normally egage someone anymore, the AK is fine for my needs! Who would have thought? Carry of the weapon of my enemy? Sometimes ya gotta learn from the other side? HA HA? Funny how life turns out! I still prefer the BHP and the 1911a1, but I do carry a COM BLOC PA-63 as a lighter alternative, so I guess I've not given in to the "Dark Side" completely? LOL< Just having a bit of ful ya all!