Mossberg 100 ATR w/scope combo
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Mossberg 100 ATR w/scope combo

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
robocop10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin,Texas, by God!!
Posts: 10,059
Liked 2731 Times on 1430 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Default Mossberg 100 ATR w/scope combo

Academy has the 100 ATR rifle/scope combos in .270 or .30-06 for $299! I just looked at one. Not half bad looking. The scope is prety cheap (Barska), but for an inexpensive, knock around rifle? I may have to get one for the heck of it. Hard to beat the price. Not gonna be a "D" class shooter, but for 150-200 yards on deer or zombies it should work.

__________________

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

robocop10mm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 07-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Academy has the 100 ATR rifle/scope combos in .270 or .30-06 for $299! I just looked at one. Not half bad looking. The scope is prety cheap (Barska), but for an inexpensive, knock around rifle? I may have to get one for the heck of it. Hard to beat the price. Not gonna be a "D" class shooter, but for 150-200 yards on deer or zombies it should work.
Robo, the Mossberg ATR100 i had in 30-06 was a very accurate rifle. with some handloads i worked up for it, it became even more accurate. the only drawback i could find was the hard recoil. as i shoot way more than hunters on the average, it was just plain uncomfortable. it has to be one of the hardest recoiling 30-06 rifles i have ever owned. i even had the headspace checked just to be sure it was okay. if you are wanting an accurate hunting rifle, you definately won't go wrong with the Mossberg at that price. at that price you can afford to put a better scope on it. my groups with handloads were under .5 inches at 100 yards. i think for that price, it's a very good deal.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:33 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Not exactly related but i bought the Mossberg (not a combo deal) at Acadamey last year in 243 & love it

__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:12 AM   #4
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bigcountry02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest
Posts: 6,359
Liked 1902 Times on 1100 Posts
Likes Given: 3897

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Academy has the 100 ATR rifle/scope combos in .270 or .30-06 for $299! I just looked at one. Not half bad looking. The scope is prety cheap (Barska), but for an inexpensive, knock around rifle? I may have to get one for the heck of it. Hard to beat the price. Not gonna be a "D" class shooter, but for 150-200 yards on deer or zombies it should work.
I picked one up at Big 5 (30.06) awhile back, the scope had issues and added a Sightmark.

I was at Dick's Sporting Goods a few months ago, picked up another 100 ATR with walnut stock and has removable trigger with stock scope. A day at the range and 60 rounds of 180 gr. with a slightly sore shoulder. Paid $374 after tax.
__________________
Bigcountry02 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
I picked one up at Big 5 (30.06) awhile back, the scope had issues and added a Sightmark.

I was at Dick's Sporting Goods a few months ago, picked up another 100 ATR with walnut stock and has removable trigger with stock scope. A day at the range and 60 rounds of 180 gr. with a slightly sore shoulder. Paid $374 after tax.
i was shooting anywhere from 60 to 80 rounds in a weekend, and my shoulder was definately sore! i will say that mine was a very accurate rifle though. i would like to try one with the walnut stock to see if there is a difference in the felt recoil. several months ago, i bought an older Remington M700 in 30-06, and the difference in the felt recoil is night and day when compared to the Mossberg.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:58 AM   #6
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bigcountry02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest
Posts: 6,359
Liked 1902 Times on 1100 Posts
Likes Given: 3897

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i was shooting anywhere from 60 to 80 rounds in a weekend, and my shoulder was definately sore! i will say that mine was a very accurate rifle though. i would like to try one with the walnut stock to see if there is a difference in the felt recoil. several months ago, i bought an older Remington M700 in 30-06, and the difference in the felt recoil is night and day when compared to the Mossberg.
Walnut is slightly less kick than the synthetic stock. I went to Mossberg and that model was not offered in the 30.06 model, only .243 and .308 versions. This walnut was purchased from Dicks Sporting Goods.
__________________
Bigcountry02 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:15 AM   #7
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Walnut is slightly less kick than the synthetic stock. I went to Mossberg and that model was not offered in the 30.06 model, only .243 and .308 versions. This walnut was purchased from Dicks Sporting Goods.
i would like to try one in walnut. i have even thought about using a Boyd's laminated stock on one. my get another one and do a budget build.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
AR-15 Scope Laser Sight combo with Quick Release Mount nisupply Sponsor Display 0 10-18-2010 06:05 PM
Just bought my first shotgun! Mossberg 500 Combo! sTimoral General Shotgun Discussion 6 03-16-2010 02:01 PM
Scope rings for Bushnell-10/22 combo 2hot2handle General Rifle Discussion 6 03-10-2010 09:49 PM
Mossberg Combo #54169 Questions Tuco General Shotgun Discussion 10 02-13-2010 03:44 PM
Rifle and Scope Combo Question TC124 General Rifle Discussion 6 12-29-2009 07:33 PM