Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Mosin-Nagant; Is This Saying Anything?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 983 Times on 633 Posts
Likes Given: 244

Mopeds are cheap transportation and fat girls are grateful. Some people don't like anything unless it in shiny and new, has a high price tag. it makes them feel impotent. (did i misspell that?)

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

People Like This 
Old 04-26-2013, 12:11 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6544 Times on 3634 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
TW,I guess I'll be immature,I can't stand those damn rifles!

I consider owning a Mosin to be about the same as Someone riding a moped or Doing a fat girl. It's all fine and dandy until your friends see you!
You don't like them? Fine, that's your opinion. Me and a lot of other people do like them, that is our opinion. BUT, when someone starts a thread JUST to bitch about how much they hate MY rifle, then that is being extremely immature.

You have your preferences, and we have ours. You don't see us complaining about yours do you? So give us the same courtesy and stop complaining about ours.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #23
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1001 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Some people don't like anything unless it in shiny and new, has a high price tag. it makes them feel impotent. (did i misspell that?)
Nope,Most of my guns were bought used,for very good prices,but my optics usually have pretty high prices.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:45 AM   #24

Liked 625 Times on 430 Posts
Likes Given: 620

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Really? If you don't like something, be a man and just not get one. Instead, you are trying to tell people who do enjoy Mosins that their rifle is crap. Thats your OPINION. Starting a thread like this just to bash the Mosin is immature.

FYI,

Vasily Zaytsev-242 confirmed kills. The real number could be closer to 500 kills.

Lyudmila Pavlichenko-309 confirmed kills.

Simo Häyhä-705 confirmed kills. 505 of those were with a rifle aka the Mosin Nagant.

All used a Mosin Nagant.
I'm not sure that was where cotton was going

Quote:
The only reason that it has become popular is the cheap price of the weapon and ammo.
I feel the same way that you do Cotton,You couldn't give me a truckload of them along with two truckloads of surplus ammo for them. I just have no love for the Mosin,nor many other military surplus weapons.
The Mosin craze is the same as the SKS was several years ago,you could buy them all day long for $75-100 for a long time.
I'll keep My Mil-surp and raise you a Winchester 70, Wait, that copied a Mil-susp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertFox View Post
Leave............
Get some thicker skin. These guys are ok, just misguided.

Quote:
TW,I guess I'll be immature,I can't stand those damn rifles!

I consider owning a Mosin to be about the same as Someone riding a moped or Doing a fat girl. It's all fine and dandy until your friends see you!
Hmm, A cartridge designed by Remington, state of the art in 1891 and far beyond the Black powder the U.S. was feilding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Mopeds are cheap transportation and fat girls are grateful. Some people don't like anything unless it in shiny and new, has a high price tag. it makes them feel impotent. (did i misspell that?)
That is just funny!

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

People Like This 
Old 04-26-2013, 01:17 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6544 Times on 3634 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
I'm not sure that was where cotton was going
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
Last night I watched a show on the Military Channel about the top 10 battle rifles of all time. The Mosin wasn't even on the list. Doesn't that say something about inferiority of the Mosin? The 1903 Springfield was #8, and the M98 Mauser was #6. Surprisingly, the old British Lee-Enfield was #3.
ct

It looks like he was headed that way.

I really don't care what people like, or dislike, that's their choice. But when you are hating on other peoples guns just for the hell of it, that's just wrong.
If you don't like Mosins? That's fine, but don't criticize me for owning one.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:27 AM   #26

Liked 178 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 124

I have 3 Mosin Nagants so far. Will I end up with more? Of this there is no doubt. How many of you mosin haters have killed a deer at a distance of 200+ yards with a $75 rifle? I have and it was with a mosin nagant.

All you mosin guys let the gun counter commando's be. They liable to get mad when they find out you can outshoot them and their $1000 rifle with a solid surplus rifle that cost less than the scope rings they use. With an obviously outdated bullet no less. Hell I might scope one of mine and make a 500yrd hunter out of it.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:33 AM   #27

Liked 54 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop
Last night I watched a show on the Military Channel about the top 10 battle rifles of all time. The Mosin wasn't even on the list. Doesn't that say something about inferiority of the Mosin? The 1903 Springfield was #8, and the M98 Mauser was #6. Surprisingly, the old British Lee-Enfield was #3.
ct
It was a honorable note with the new la85 and French FAMAS

Old 04-26-2013, 02:44 AM   #28

Liked 2203 Times on 1265 Posts
Likes Given: 1791

I'm a little confused here.

The thread topic originally involved some cable show

numb-nutzes having an opinion that the M/N wasn't

a significant rifle, and the OP feeling that was the basis

or justification to pan Mosins.

WTS has this thread turned into?

Does anybody think we care that somebody is unimpressed

with, or doesn't respect combloc milsurps?

Not for nothing, but Russia is a HUGE country, and their

MOD has thrown dozens of better designs than most of

our rifles in the trash in the last hundred years.

For about 40 years, America's best rifle design copied the

Mauser so closely the DOD had to pay millions of dollars in

royalties to Mauser Werke.

I don't see anybody panning the 1903.

It's all "MMmmmmmmnnn! It's a SPRINGFIELD!"...

Old 04-26-2013, 03:10 AM   #29

Liked 310 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Well, some guys on this forum have done it again. They have completely misunderstood what I was saying in my original post. I actually was a little surprised that the Mosin was not included in the TV show's list of top 10 battle rifles. I actually thought it should at least be on the list. Some were on the list that I thought should not be on there, but I won't mention those as I don't want to get another negative tangent going. I thought the 98 Mauser should have been #1, but it was not. I thought the Springfield should have been higher up, but it wasn't.

Yes, I have some expensive custom rifles, but I also have some more inexpensive military rifles that I reload for and shoot regularly also. For example, I really like my Yugo M48 and my 1891 Argentine. So, don't consider me to be an expensive rifle snob. I don't criticize anyone for owning or liking a Mosin, I just don't care for them and I wondered why they weren't on the list. As jpattersonnh said, I wasn't going in the direction that some erroneously thought. I hope this makes sense. And, if you like Mosins, more power to you.
ct

Last edited by cottontop; 04-26-2013 at 12:21 PM. Reason: spelling
People Like This 
Old 04-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #30

Liked 625 Times on 430 Posts
Likes Given: 620

I saw the same show last year. I was curious how they rated the rifles. The 91/30 was in service for 60+ years With Russia/ Soviet union. It remained in service in one form or another through Veitnam and beyond with other countries. The Mauser was another one. The '98 served from 1898 to the present. It is currently used as a sniper Trainer w/ the Norwegain army, The M59.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.