Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > mosin-nagant

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 329
Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Watch out at the gun shops for ammo. The one local shop by me carrys brown bear at around 12 a box. Not bad for plinking. But the other only carrys brassed cased hunting rounds at 25 bucks. A bax of 20. Don't want to plink with that. Haven found any shops that carrry surpluss on the shelf yet. That's still the domain of the internet. And just like inexpensfes guns. You haft to ask. The shop seems to fell like it cheepens their immage to put the cheep stuff on the shelf for some reAson

__________________
robertusa123 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: \
Posts: 990
Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default

Cheap guns don't cheapen the shops image. Most shops are under funded from the start. They don't want the buyer to have the option of buying a cheap gun. How can they sell their $800 guns when they have a pile of $130 guns.

In this area the LGS is so ridiculous I order all my new guns online. Many volume online vendors don't have a shipping fee. But if I order a gun through the LGS I pay more for the gun. I am charged a shipping fee. Then I pay sales tax.

The LGS complains they don't sell 300 guns a day. I am like is that my problem?

Edit
I wouldn't mind paying $50 more for a gun if the LGS provided better service but they don't. If I bring a gun in for gunsmithing they send it out and charge $50 more. If I have a problem with the gun I am on my own. Shop local and get ripped off is what it amounts too.

__________________

Last edited by Old_Crow; 09-11-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old_Crow is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
silverado113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eastern,Iowa
Posts: 2,993
Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
Cheap guns don't cheapen the shops image. Most shops are under funded from the start. They don't want the buyer to have the option of buying a cheap gun. How can they sell their $800 guns when they have a pile of $130 guns.

In this area the LGS is so ridiculous I order all my new guns online. Many volume online vendors don't have a shipping fee. But if I order a gun through the LGS I pay more for the gun. I am charged a shipping fee. Then I pay sales tax.

The LGS complains they don't sell 300 guns a day. I am like is that my problem?

Edit
I wouldn't mind paying $50 more for a gun if the LGS provided better service but they don't. If I bring a gun in for gunsmithing they send it out and charge $50 more. If I have a problem with the gun I am on my own. Shop local and get ripped off is what it amounts too.
It has nothing to do with buyers who complain about a 10% markup I find it interesting that you don't go to Wal-Mart and try to talk them down on a roll of toilet paper but you'll go into your LGS and want them to go below their 10-20% markup which in the world of retail isn't crap. A bottle of water has a 4000% markup. I understand about crappy service as it's the reason I went into business myself however, if you have a problem with a product you buy at Wal-Mart do you go back to the store a year later to try and return it? Nope, just think about that the next time you walk into your LGS. Now if they are rude and condescending then that's another story.
__________________

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.


Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

silverado113 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
potentialglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,160
Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Default

Well this getting off topic

__________________
potentialglock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:49 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ninetheranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 26
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Are Nagants really worth it?

__________________
Ninetheranger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetheranger
Are Nagants really worth it?
Why yes, yes they are.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ninetheranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 26
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Why yes, yes they are.
Why are they?
__________________
Ninetheranger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dragunovsks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West of Louisville KY,Indiana
Posts: 2,309
Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetheranger

Why are they?
Cheap to shoot and fun, and they will penetrate just about anything. Plus they make a lot of noise, what's not to like.
__________________

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

dragunovsks is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:12 AM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ninetheranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 26
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks

Cheap to shoot and fun, and they will penetrate just about anything. Plus they make a lot of noise, what's not to like.
They just look so heavy and uncomfortable to hold and shoot. I've just been debating back and forth to get one.
__________________
Ninetheranger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:21 AM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dragunovsks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West of Louisville KY,Indiana
Posts: 2,309
Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetheranger

They just look so heavy and uncomfortable to hold and shoot. I've just been debating back and forth to get one.
They're not for everyone, they are heavy and with a steel plate on the buttstock they will make you sore but I love shooting mine.
__________________

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

dragunovsks is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
What to look for on Mosin-Nagant? kaido General Rifle Discussion 7 03-17-2012 04:03 PM
Mosin nagant carbine or 1950 polish nagant trainer Nun Curio & Relic Discussion 4 10-12-2011 03:30 AM
Mosin--Nagant Clayborn General Rifle Discussion 6 08-09-2011 04:55 AM
Mosin-Nagant vs. SVT-40 desertfox General Rifle Discussion 4 12-05-2010 05:54 PM
New Mosin Nagant 2hot2handle General Rifle Discussion 7 11-29-2010 08:13 PM