Mosin--Nagant

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Mosin--Nagant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Mosin--Nagant

Factory New Mosin--Nagant. Just a little run through.

A Freeman Has The Right To Carry A Gun.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Cool vid!!!!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #3

Nice, always nice to see the mosins getting a little publitity.

Nick L.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:02 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Two things I have to say:

1) You think it holds ten rounds. Really? It's 5 (and not 5+1 unless you cheat a little bit).
2) It's pronounced "Moe-Zin", not "moy-seen". It was Belgian produced, so it's a French-derived last name. In its original pronunciation it would be "moh-za~", anglicized by "moe-zin".

Other than that, awesome video. I love Mosin's....you simply can't beat them for the cost. They're pretty, they're accurate, they're cheap, and they're historically significant. The only problem is the cosmoline.

Also, the hammer and sickle (plus the year) signify it was Russian manufactured in Izhevsk. I think it's by far the most common rifle.

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by victorzamora; 08-09-2011 at 04:06 AM.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:25 AM   #5

Liked 765 Times on 443 Posts
Likes Given: 463

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorzamora View Post
Two things I have to say:

1) You think it holds ten rounds. Really? It's 5 (and not 5+1 unless you cheat a little bit).
2) It's pronounced "Moe-Zin", not "moy-seen". It was Belgian produced, so it's a French-derived last name. In its original pronunciation it would be "moh-za~", anglicized by "moe-zin".

Other than that, awesome video. I love Mosin's....you simply can't beat them for the cost. They're pretty, they're accurate, they're cheap, and they're historically significant. The only problem is the cosmoline.

Also, the hammer and sickle (plus the year) signify it was Russian manufactured in Izhevsk. I think it's by far the most common rifle.
3) The M44 doesn't mean it was "brought here and reissued." it means it's a carbine...note the side folder bayonet.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-09-2011, 04:30 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Good call on the M44, my girlfriend was talking through half of the video...so I couldn't hear much of it. I knew it was a Carbine, I just couldn't figure out if he mentioned that or not.

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-09-2011, 04:55 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I love my 91/30 I've been taking it on every hunting trip since I got it, thinking about putting a PU scope on it, good video.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."