mosin nagant - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > mosin nagant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 07:01 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Sellier and Bellot hunting rounds in 7.62x54r are almost dead-on spec to the same companys 150 gr 30-06 hunting rounds. I was always told it falls between .303 brit and 30-06. Very close to the .308 in terms of hitting power (not ballistics). The last 19 point bull moose I took at 250 yards did nor complain about it being underpowerd.

Be careful who's toes you step on today....'cause they could be connected to the a** you need to kiss tomorrow.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #32

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

thanks Dave, when I shot the rifle for the first time yesterday the recoil "felt" to me more like a .308 than an 06. Of course recoil on my end isn't a good gauge as to hitting power on the other. It's nice to hear about your moose as I thought I might hunt with the mosin also. I'll check out the ammo you mentioned. thanks again, ron

Old 12-09-2010, 01:50 AM   #33

Default MN

The Mosent nagant rifles are good --- I have 4 --- (M-91) --- (M-91-30) --- (M39) and an (M44) --- The M-44 spits flame everywhere barrel --- bolt --- and because of the short barrel it kicks like A mule --- All are fun to shoot.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:29 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron12301 View Post
So, the one I saw for $90 is in all probability a "Russian" version. Should I be at all concerned about the barrel being shot out ?
bring a flashlight and inspect the barrel (if they allow you to) and remove the bolt to get a better view. most of these are wwII leftovers and were made and fired only a few times to sight them in. i own one and i shot it the day after i got it. so accurate. so smooth. you'll love everything about it.everyone says it kicks like a mule, and it hurts so much. dont listen to them. its not true at all. it kicks less than a 30-30. and even with the steel butt plate no bruise after 200+ rounds in a day

"I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it."
- Phil Dalmolin

"But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you ... it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
- Dalai Lama

"There's no question that weapons in the hands of the public have prevented acts of terror or stopped them."
- Israeli Police Inspector General Shlomo Aharonisky

Last edited by nygunnut; 12-09-2010 at 08:32 AM. Reason: forgot to mension the recoil

Old 12-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #35

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygunnut View Post
bring a flashlight and inspect the barrel (if they allow you to) and remove the bolt to get a better view. most of these are wwII leftovers and were made and fired only a few times to sight them in. i own one and i shot it the day after i got it. so accurate. so smooth. you'll love everything about it.everyone says it kicks like a mule, and it hurts so much. dont listen to them. its not true at all. it kicks less than a 30-30. and even with the steel butt plate no bruise after 200+ rounds in a day
Agreed, I thought I was going to have shoulder pains after all the talk when I was looking for one.
I think the weigh of the rifle with all the metal and wood soaks up some of the kick, But its just a guess.
On another board, A gentleman said he would buy me an MN rifle if I hadn't purchased another one within the year...
I have 11 days left, I may have to let him know I am ready to take ownership from him

Looking for a Mosin Nagant.

Starting page 2 Army of 2 says it.

Best of luck with your MN!

Old 12-12-2010, 12:09 AM   #36

Default MN

Only Mosin that kicks and breaths fire is the rifle used in Nam short barrel M-44 or M-38 the rest of the Mosin line are rather mild due to the longer barrel where the longest barrel is M-91 (the beginning) bolt action and the end being M-44 or M-38 --- If you fire A m44 or m38 you will know it.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:12 AM   #37

Liked 740 Times on 515 Posts
Likes Given: 773

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag_01 View Post
Only Mosin that kicks and breaths fire is the rifle used in Nam short barrel M-44 or M-38 the rest of the Mosin line are rather mild due to the longer barrel where the longest barrel is M-91 (the beginning) bolt action and the end being M-44 or M-38 --- If you fire A m44 or m38 you will know it.
You forgot the 91/59!!! They modified them into the 1960's for use by 3rd world countries.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:45 AM   #38

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron12301 View Post
Hello again, I have been reading about the mosin nagant rifles. Can someone enlighten me on mosin ? I am wondering what are the best ones (country of origin, or does it matter?), what to look for? what to expect, condition etc.? are they even worth the $90 a local store wants for a m91 ? Can they be improved ? Just looking for something to horse around with. any info you can give me will be appreciated.
I believe budsguns.com has them for 92 right now.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:46 AM   #39

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Our last ALERT was for the Mosin Nagant rifles at only $92 delivered....and we proceeded to sell out quickly, over 1,600 rifles sold in less than 72 hours !

This morning we received yet another notification from a supplier about a substantial price reduction in the most popular youth rifles, the Crickett "My First Rifle". Manufactured in Milton, PA the Crickett 22 single shot youth rifles are intended to instill gun safety in the minds of young shooters and encourage them to gain the knowledge and respect that hunting and shooting requires. Made in the U.S.A quality craftsmanship, carefully manufactured for our precious youth, the Crickett rifle is a gift that can be handed down and cherished for many lifetimes.

Cash / Check discount prices start at $115 with FREE SHIPPING to 48 states ! Click on the photo below to view all in stock models and colors for boys and girls ! Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.