Mosin accuracy , reducing group size old school - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Mosin accuracy , reducing group size old school

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

It depends a on when your ammo was made. Some berdan primers can be corrosive and some aren't. Your best bet is to just clean your gun after every use, or buy some winchester white box as stated above.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua M. Smith View Post
Hello,

I apologize in advance for the screw heads; they were taken apart literally hundreds of times. I've since replaced them and found a proper bit for my torque wrench that will not cause damage to the new ones!

Front view of the prototype that started my business...

... and the rear.

The action is shimmed and the barrel corked:

I also made some cool things like a two-stage Finn M39-style trigger. Instead of pins, it has bearings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWDitIiapo
Not for sale!!!

You can barely see a couple bearings under the sear.

I'm not going to risk selling it though. Liability. Dangit.

This rifle is capable of this (or rather, I'm capable of doing this, with my 20/55 sight; I'm sure the rifle's much better):

I had to work for that group, but as long as I have a target I can see, I can do about that. I take coyotes at 200 yards. That's about as far as I can see, uncorrected.

I know what these rifles can do and I love to see folks wring them out. Heck, a Finnish M39 had to have at least a 1.3MOA capability to be accepted into service!

(cont'd)
I didn't notice it the first time, where did you get that height-adjustable front site? That your work? Like to find one like that.

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Old 12-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Nice day out today. Went out to the range to pop a few with the Mosin m38. Had a couple split necks out of the sixty I shot. No targets to show and boast about today. Just wondering if Bulgaria has some kind of "satisfaction, or your money back" kinda deal.

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Last edited by HM2Grunt; 12-14-2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: spelling