Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Mosin 91/30 help (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/mosin-91-30-help-91200/)

raven290 05-24-2013 05:09 PM

Mosin 91/30 help
 
I have an M91/30 that hasn't been feeding correctly. I've tried replacing the interrupter, but the problem is still there. Does anyone have any ideas? Is it worth it to try and replace the ejector? Thanks in advance.

raven290 05-24-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven290
I have an M91/30 that hasn't been feeding correctly. I've tried replacing the interrupter, but the problem is still there. Does anyone have any ideas? Is it worth it to try and replace the ejector? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, forgot the details for the problem. The next round in the magazine isn't staying under the interrupter. It slips up and rim locks the round being fed. I can load my stripper clips to prevent this, but that takes up time. I'd rather just have it work the way it was designed.

duddie10 05-24-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven290 (Post 1256931)

Sorry, forgot the details for the problem. The next round in the magazine isn't staying under the interrupter. It slips up and rim locks the round being fed. I can load my stripper clips to prevent this, but that takes up time. I'd rather just have it work the way it was designed.

i think im having the same problem. Every once in a while when i load the round into the gun stacked they seem to hang up. Not all the time just once in a while.

SSGN_Doc 05-24-2013 06:13 PM

I found that the problem of rim lock is greatly reduced by grabing the front of the top round in the stripper clip and tipping it up as I push the rest of the rounds into the magazine. This seems to orient the rounds so that rims are each in front of the next lower round even if the rounds are loaded randomly in the clip. YMMV.

If you look at youtube and look at Mosin Nagant Rim Lock, you can find several videos on it. I noticed most folks who had no rim lock problems were tipping the top round back as they loaded the mag. If single loading the mag it is pretty simple to avoid rim lock.

raven290 05-24-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc
I found that the problem of rim lock is greatly reduced by grabing the front of the top round in the stripper clip and tipping it up as I push the rest of the rounds into the magazine. This seems to orient the rounds so that rims are each in front of the next lower round even if the rounds are loaded randomly in the clip. YMMV.

If you look at youtube and look at Mosin Nagant Rim Lock, you can find several videos on it. I noticed most folks who had no rim lock problems were tipping the top round back as they loaded the mag. If single loading the mag it is pretty simple to avoid rim lock.

That's actually the only way I can load it with stripper clips. I have crappy knock off clips, although they do have a "T" in a triangle inside a circle. (Tikka, right?) If I try just pushing them in, I can't put enough pressure on them to strip them off the clip.

What do you guys think about replacing the ejector? I feel like it might be too thick and pushing the interrupter too far out. I know they are cheap but I really can't afford go cherry picking for new parts since I'm currently unemployed. I'm pretty sure the ejector is original or from a pre-storage arsenal refurb job, so I don't think that's the problem, but you never know.

Also on that note, what do you guys know about the old one piece ejector/interrupter? Are they more efficient? I feel like the Soviets might have switched to the 2 piece because it would be easier for an unskilled laborer to make 2 simple flat pieces than 1 non flat part. Should I switch to one of these?

duddie10 05-24-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven290 (Post 1257030)

That's actually the only way I can load it with stripper clips. I have crappy knock off clips, although they do have a "T" in a triangle inside a circle. (Tikka, right?) If I try just pushing them in, I can't put enough pressure on them to strip them off the clip.

What do you guys think about replacing the ejector? I feel like it might be too thick and pushing the interrupter too far out. I know they are cheap but I really can't afford go cherry picking for new parts since I'm currently unemployed. I'm pretty sure the ejector is original or from a pre-storage arsenal refurb job, so I don't think that's the problem, but you never know.

Also on that note, what do you guys know about the old one piece ejector/interrupter? Are they more efficient? I feel like the Soviets might have switched to the 2 piece because it would be easier for an unskilled laborer to make 2 simple flat pieces than 1 non flat part. Should I switch to one of these?

Thats a good question. If that doea work let me know. Im def willing to try any thing to have the rifle fuction perfectly.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:30 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.