Model 81 BLR .284 magazine help - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Model 81 BLR .284 magazine help

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Roanoke VA
Posts: 153
Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

The good news is the magazines are about 1/3 the cost of a Pre 81

__________________
Hairtrigger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:18 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,488
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Look around maybe you can uses a 30-06 clip I know they interchange with the 270 maybe you can get luck with the 284

__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,208
Liked 216 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

pabuck With the 284 mags so hard to find IF you have some mechanical skill buy a 308 based mag and open up the feed lips. There is only a .141 differnece in case width and the same lenght. Atleast its worth try'n. Might be all thats needed is the feed lips to be bent up a couple ths, or ground back .07 on each side to raise the cartidge enought to feed.
Know that it is done with rifles rechamber from 308 based cartidge to 284 based cartidges. - http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek095.html

__________________
hardluk1 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:50 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 69
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
pabuck With the 284 mags so hard to find IF you have some mechanical skill buy a 308 based mag and open up the feed lips. There is only a .141 differnece in case width and the same lenght. Atleast its worth try'n. Might be all thats needed is the feed lips to be bent up a couple ths, or ground back .07 on each side to raise the cartidge enought to feed.
Know that it is done with rifles rechamber from 308 based cartidge to 284 based cartidges. - http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek095.html
Now that sounds like a plan Jack!!! My dad and brother both shoot BLR .308's so I can give it a whirl!!
__________________
PABUCK is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 69
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post
Look around maybe you can uses a 30-06 clip I know they interchange with the 270 maybe you can get luck with the 284
I will try this when my brother-in-law brings me the gun!! I have a BLR 30-06 and I have an extra clip for it!!
__________________
PABUCK is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 69
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

From a gun value standpoint I still need a .284 clip!!!

__________________
PABUCK is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,488
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PABUCK
From a gun value standpoint I still need a .284 clip!!!
Well lol got to keep looking then
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 69
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Yep, gonna keep looking. I would paypal someone $25 if they would find a .284 clip!!

__________________
PABUCK is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:51 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,488
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

That's a deal I look around

__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 69
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post
That's a deal I look around
Sounds good, let me know when you find one and I'll paypal you the money!!!
__________________
PABUCK is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Marlin model 49 & Savage Model 6B Parts Brant2409 General Rifle Discussion 9 04-08-2013 04:14 AM
Used S&W Model 10 - $229, Model 64 - $249, Glock 21 - $399 + Free Shipping Slickguns Sponsor Display 1 07-26-2012 05:31 PM
Ithaca model 37 ...1969 model. Ronbo General Shotgun Discussion 6 12-02-2010 08:30 PM
Walther Sport model model V jcraigj@alltel.net .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 0 05-26-2008 03:01 PM
winchester rifle model 94 lastest model Bangbang General Rifle Discussion 1 06-01-2007 02:13 PM