Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Mini thirty - Next purchase ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 02:05 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-BOLT View Post
Glad to hear about the trigger M14sROCK. I do have a CZ 527 Carbine heading my way. Purchased one off of the gun auction co that advertises on this sight. Just waiting for it to show up to my FFL holder. Looking at putting on a Burris 2X7X26 compact scope on it with Millet see thru scope rings. Should be a light compact package. Looks like I have plenty of the commie hollow points to keep me hunting for a long time. This was just to be a back up rifle against high priced ammo, but hell, I am getting excited to get it all put together and using it.
Good deal! You will love this little carbine. And Barnes now offers the Triple Shock bullets for 7.62x39. Great hunting bullet.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:32 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hey M14sROCK - Picked up my CZ 527 Carbine today, what a sweet handling rifle! Trigger feels excellent too! I think UPS has lost my Burris scope somewhere, will have to get a trace going on that. Found a bonus in the box with a set of factory scope rings, did not know that was part of the package. Great, as I did not come up with any see through scope mounts.
I did not receive any more graduated front sights for elevation, did you? Also I do not get changing windage on the rear sight. My guess is you would have to tap it left or right and re-stake it? Not much of an issue as I will scope it due to crappy eyes. The factory target paper with the three shot group at 50 meters (?) was cool. The rifle and iron sights must be fairly spot on. Will break in the barrel and do my own at a 100 yards, as time permits, with my surplus ammo and see what I have. Will give the a test on a white tail doe next December, after hunting a buck.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:10 AM   #13

My Mini 30 was bought slightly-used in March '08. Here are the facts.

It has only used newer ('06-'08) Russian-made Wolf and Monarch.
The only good aftermarket mags for my rifle are recent 10-rounders built by Promag (have blued and stainless).
Out of about 600 rounds in these new Promags, have had about 4 rounds mis-feed (almost as good as with some AKs). Not bad.

Anyway, since I started using this rifle in March '08, again using only newer Russian ammo, there have been no more than 10 ftfs (only with the first primer strikes) in over 1100 rounds fired. You can order a stronger firing pin from Wolff or maybe Brownells. But my rifle probably has the original spring.

Some people seem to get confused about newer Russian-made x39 ammo, and lump it into one group of foreign.....
1) None of this Russian is corrosive. Being called 'dirty' does not equate to corrosive.
2) None of this Russian is (mil.) surplus, as it was manufactured to be exported for the commercial markets.

Yugo x39 is often both surplus and corrosive, along with old Chinese, but not fairly recent Russian-made.
Unless you are going to fight either the Taliban, Al Qaeda or the gentlemen of Hezbollah or North Koreans, you will probably be satisfied with the Mini 30.
Lots of guys on gun websites seem to be expecting their house or Ponderosa to be overrun by a raving pack of criminals, or Red Chinese soldiers any minute now...

Last edited by Laufer; 06-01-2009 at 06:23 AM.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:47 AM   #14

haha classic, I have noticed the same. Loads of people talking about SHTF and end of the world zombie apocalypse scenarios. Cracks me up
The sky is not falling chicken little
Hollywood has a lot to answer for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laufer View Post
Lots of guys on gun websites seem to be expecting their house or Ponderosa to be overrun by a raving pack of criminals, or Red Chinese soldiers any minute now...

Old 12-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20864 Times on 11858 Posts
Likes Given: 52398

kiwi, you did notice this thread is almost three years old, didn't you?

Old 12-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #16

Well it just took me while to read it come on, some of us don't read as fast as you
That's a pretty slow site to have it still on the front page of the forum after 3 years. I probably should have checked the date though