Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Mini-14 vs. kel-tec su16c vs. saiga 223. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/mini-14-vs-kel-tec-su16c-vs-saiga-223-a-28631/)

spyderfan 06-23-2010 03:15 AM

Mini-14 vs. kel-tec su16c vs. saiga 223.

Well the title explains most of it what's is the best value out of these three guns which one has the best accuracy,reliability,ruggedness and pure fun. I am not a huge gun enthusiast. I am also not even old enough to have a job so that kind of rules out the ar-15. The gun would probably be used for killing coyotes bobcats mountain lions things along those lines maybe home defense. Thanks Aaron.

CA357 06-23-2010 04:00 AM

I've owned both the Mini 14 and the KelTec SU 16. I liked them both and they were both fairly accurate out to 100 yards. My Mini was a newer model with the pencil barrel, so it was a pretty good shooter.

The Kel Tec was bought as a backpacking rifle and plinker. It served those purposes admirably. I also felt it was a good concealable rifle and that has it's points as well.

I've not owned or fired a Saiga. They are popular and people seem to like them. I'm sure some Saiga owners will be along shortly.

BTW, welcome here. When you get a chance, head over to the New Members introduction area and introduce yourself to the gang.

spyderfan 06-23-2010 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 304894)
I've owned both the Mini 14 and the KelTec SU 16. I liked them both and they were both fairly accurate out to 100 yards. My Mini was a newer model with the pencil barrel, so it was a pretty good shooter.

The Kel Tec was bought as a backpacking rifle and plinker. It served those purposes admirably. I also felt it was a good concealable rifle and that has it's points as well.

I've not owned or fired a Saiga. They are popular and people seem to like them. I'm sure some Saiga owners will be along shortly.

BTW, welcome here. When you get a chance, head over to the New Members introduction area and introduce yourself to the gang.

I will do and thanks for some advice and for the welcoming.

Txhillbilly 06-24-2010 01:04 AM

Mini 14's are fun little guns to shoot,but the price has gone through the roof for what you get. If they aren't rapid fired,they will keep decent accuracy.

I've never had or shot a Keltec SU-16,but do have a PLR-16 pistol and it is a blast too shoot,and pretty accurate.

The Saiga is probably the best deal for the money.It's accurate,will shoot almost any ammo,and will enjoy getting as dirty as you let it between cleanings. The only downside to the Saiga is mounting a scope,the way the rifle is designed a scope sets pretty high over the receiver and takes some getting use to.

spyderfan 06-25-2010 01:23 AM

What else i kinda had in mind was just getting the saiga and just pimp it out :D. Some way get a ar