Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Mini 14 accuracy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 02:16 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The only trouble that i have had with my mini 14 is that when the gun would cycle it would knock the scope off sight so i eliminated the scope and now only use iron sights. but i have looked into putting a different scope mount one that is more secure on the gun. the rings that i had mounted right on top of the gun rather that mounting to the side and running to the top. the iron sights have treated me well coyote hunting ive made kills between 100 and 150 yds with it.

"No man ever won a war by dying for his country, He won by making the other poor bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

Old 02-24-2009, 03:00 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I really like mine. Although it's a 16" barrel, it shoots 3" to 4" at 100 yards with open sights. I figure that's good enough for me. I sure wouldn't want to stand in front of it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-24-2009, 03:10 AM   #23

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterose View Post
I recently purchased my mini 14 and would like any sugestions on the best mounts and scope for this weapon, I have read the bolt slap is a factor for some mounts.
Try this site Mini-14 TriRail Mounts

People get the government they deserve.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #24

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

On a different thread I mentioned reading in Handloader magezene about Ruger having used 3 different rifleing twist rates! 1/7", 1/9", 1/11" just mabe they dont like what your feeding them?

By buddy Wade just bought a scope mount for his Mini and instructions reference two different types of bolt/extractor positions a early type needs to have the extractor modifyed so the brass doesent hit the scope!

Last edited by Rex in OTZ; 03-02-2009 at 10:32 PM.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:36 AM   #25

CA357: "Roger that".
As for a regular citizen or LEO in this country, when does using a gun in self-defense involve an aggressor who shoots from over 50-100 feet away, other than in some riot in a city?

Have never understood why somebody claims that the best self-defense rifles need to be able to shoot accurately past 100-300 yards (i.e. AR, M-14), unless they plan to be in combat during a post-disaster firefight on a farm or desert, or be the aggressor.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laufer View Post
CA357: "Roger that".
As for a regular citizen or LEO in this country, when does using a gun in self-defense involve an aggressor who shoots from over 50-100 feet away, other than in some riot in a city?

Have never understood why somebody claims that the best self-defense rifles need to be able to shoot accurately past 100-300 yards (i.e. AR, M-14), unless they plan to be in combat during a post-disaster firefight on a farm or desert, or be the aggressor.
I'm not waiting for the zombies to get too close before I start blowing them away. The farther I am from them, the less my chances of becoming a zombie myself are.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:15 AM   #27

Look into the Kel-Tec SU-16 CA or C model.

Gives minis a run for their money and heavily more accurate.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:41 AM   #28

Default Simple add on accuracy for the minis ??? REALLY ???

I have been involved in helping mini owners do [for them selves] a simple add on accuracy system that is user friendly for more than a couple of years now. Owners in the USA [my home]. Canada, Norway, and Sweden with good results. Some of you have lost hope of an easy, and inexpensive way to make your mini shoot accurately from shot 1 to shot 20, and beyond."WHAT!!! HOW CAN THAT BE!"
I can hear you thinking. Well you don't have to take my word for it. You can read the owner conmments, and check out the apparatus if you don't think this could possibly be as easy as a few minutes of effort [on your part] to put it in place, and tighten up a half dozen screws, and you are good to go. YUP it's that easy, and simple. "WHAT!!! IT HAS A MONEY BACK GUARINTEE TOO? YUP. How much better can this get? Better. More inovations for the minis about to be introduced this year from what I hear. [at this same site]
The mini has always been a reliable shooter. That's the first thing I want in a firearm that may be used to save my life, or what ever. After that it would be nice to have the confidence to KNOW that the bullet you just shot is going where you want it to. That hasn't been the case with the minis as you well know untill now for the few that have found the answer. so easy,so cheep compared to the bull barrel fix or what ever previous fixes have been tried.
Take a look at the comments page on this site mini 14 accurize accessories and see what other mini owners have discovered. The love affair with the mini has only just begun. Check it out. It could be good.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:02 AM   #29

Wow where's Billy Mays when you need him..?

Have you sold OxyClean at any point in your life? Orange cleaner?

Or are you the Shamwow guy posting from the hospital?

Josh

http://www.joshuasilverman.com

Old 04-18-2009, 06:29 AM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

My old mini 14 would shoot anywhere but where I aimed it when the barrel got hot. I sold it.