military gun supply ppsh rant
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > military gun supply ppsh rant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default military gun supply ppsh rant

I bought one of the semi auto ppsh 41's from military gun supply. I bought it from a link on gunbroker. Since it was listed on gunbroker i assumed they had it in stock and ready to ship. After I bought it I called them and they said they didnt even have them in stock yet. They werent even built yet. They told me they were waiting on tnw who was building them for mgs. After almost 2 months of waiting it finally appears at my ffl.

I take it to the range and the drum I bought from mgs with the gun couldnt even cycle. I switched to stick mags and start plinking. The trigger pull is extremely heavy and makes it hard to stay on target because of how heavy the trigger is. I deal with it though and after only 90 or so rounds the firing pin broke. I called them up and they directed me to tnw who sent me a new firing pin for free. They advised me that it could be my ammo that caused the break. That was bulgarian surplus I used. Next gunshow I picked up a tin of polish surplus ammo. Considering these ppsh's are built from polish kits I assumed that polish ammo would be suitable for it. After a week of waiting I get a package from tnw, it was a kp44 firing pin, not a ppsh firing pin. Another week and a half later I get my ppsh firing pin in.

I take it to the range again and sighted it in for 50 yards using an ak sight tool. I also tryed out some drums I picked up at the gun show and they all work fine, unlike the one from mgs that they said was hand selected to make sure for proper fit to my gun. Im there having fun, letting some kids at the range try it out and once again after 90 or so rounds the firing pin broke. I called tnw back up and they said that they are having problems with the heat treatment on the firing pins.

Between the gun, the ammo, and the mags Ive bought for it I have almost 1200 dollars invested in a gun that I cant even shoot!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-30-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2983 Times on 1554 Posts
Likes Given: 275

I would send it back and ask for (demand) a refund. Life is too short to mess with unreliable guns.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 07-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #3

thats what ive been trying to do. ive called them for the past couple days and they keep saying theyll get back to me. im about ready to contact the better bussiness bureau about them.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #4

Likes Given: 2

Well you did buy a Pah-Pah-sha..... As far as the drum mags go, they had tons of problems with them jamming on the original guns, thats why they started using box mags. Good luck man!

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 08-02-2009, 07:24 AM   #5

good news. after calling them back every day for a week i finally recieved a call back offering a refund. if im not mistaken he said his name was david noble. keep in mind that noble firearms owns military gun supply. so now im getting a full refund.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #6

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

ppsh.jpg..........

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-04-2009, 03:03 AM   #7
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1255 Times on 712 Posts
Likes Given: 598

Sorry to here about your bad luck with your milsurp. I'm glad to here that the Noble's are giving you a refund. I have done business with them for years when they just had Noble Guns,and have bought ammo several times at their Military Gun Supply store on the East side of Ft.Worth. They are pretty good people to deal with as far as I know.