Mexican/British/Russian Arisaka Type 30 & 38

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Mexican/British/Russian Arisaka Type 30 & 38

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 12:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default Mexican/British/Russian Arisaka Type 30 & 38

The Japanese sold Type 30 Arisaka's to the Mexicans in 1913, in 7mm mauser. And apparently sold a bunch of 30's&38's to the French in 1914 that ended up in Britain as Navy guns and then were later sold to Russia after Enfield Production caught up. Plus they sold over a half million type 30's to Tsarist Russia before WW1 plus the leftover Mexican guns and the Naval type 35's. Has anyone ever seen one of these rifles, are they still in existence??? If so are there any markings to be aware of?? Pictures would be awesome if anyone has one. Thanks as always....

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-31-2009, 03:03 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

i ran across this forum looking for info on these rifles. I have one that is sporterized. Shoots like a dream, but what an oddball. I am having issues with the safety, but I found some info on another forum that should help. I too, would like to see photos of an un altered one.