Mcmillan tac rifles - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Mcmillan tac rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 288 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 32

locutus I have, I use to shoot a few 300 and 500 yard egg matchs for fun but I am mainly hunting. Had a 1000 yard range near by for some years to play at. Closed now. I did see lots of billet actions at the 600 and 1000 yard line , atleast the ones worth watching. A couple mcmillians showed up from time to time but were not in the same class. Now in the hunter class's , F class you see it all remmy , sako, savage, some winnys, my ruger and others, 6.5 mainly. best guess who won. Lots of nice customs from big name and small all good rifles. I am happy with my basement gunsmithed krieger barreled hunter. It will shoot with rifles with more dollars in them for sure.

I alway viewed a 200,000 to 500,000 dollar lambhorgini as a want be badd a** sports car, looks cool like its fvery fast but not in the same group as a porche or ferrari or even the new C7 vette. Its not raced, does not compete on the track.

marlinman That 5050 bucks with 4 barrels and scope sounds to be fine I guess . I would not count the cost of shot out barrels. Just part of wear and tear in shooting, right. So take 2000 to 2400 off for the barrels and the 5050 and you have way less money it it. Your dollar numbers were kinda hard to follow with out know befor that covered 4 barrels. Understand now.

Still my bottom line is mcmillian at 5000 dollar and up with "button rifled" lilja barrels and a tuned up remmy action as about as costly as a person can get for a 1/2" 100 yard with handload rifle. They could have at least used a barnard action and a single point cut rifled barrel. Just haven fun with this.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #32

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
locutus I have, I use to shoot a few 300 and 500 yard egg matchs for fun but I am mainly hunting. Had a 1000 yard range near by for some years to play at. Closed now. I did see lots of billet actions at the 600 and 1000 yard line , atleast the ones worth watching. A couple mcmillians showed up from time to time but were not in the same class. Now in the hunter class's , F class you see it all remmy , sako, savage, some winnys, my ruger and others, 6.5 mainly. best guess who won. Lots of nice customs from big name and small all good rifles. I am happy with my basement gunsmithed krieger barreled hunter. It will shoot with rifles with more dollars in them for sure.

I alway viewed a 200,000 to 500,000 dollar lambhorgini as a want be badd a** sports car, looks cool like its fvery fast but not in the same group as a porche or ferrari or even the new C7 vette. Its not raced, does not compete on the track.

marlinman That 5050 bucks with 4 barrels and scope sounds to be fine I guess . I would not count the cost of shot out barrels. Just part of wear and tear in shooting, right. So take 2000 to 2400 off for the barrels and the 5050 and you have way less money it it. Your dollar numbers were kinda hard to follow with out know befor that covered 4 barrels. Understand now.

Still my bottom line is mcmillian at 5000 dollar and up with "button rifled" lilja barrels and a tuned up remmy action as about as costly as a person can get for a 1/2" 100 yard with handload rifle. They could have at least used a barnard action and a single point cut rifled barrel. Just haven fun with this.
My barrels are pretty much all new at the moment. I have two that are 21 ½" and two 24 ½". One of each is button rifled. The other of each length is lance groove rifled. I adverage bout .734" at 200 yards w hand loads she likes. That's w the button rifled #6 21 ½" bbl

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Last edited by Marlinman; 05-16-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:54 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6699 Times on 3735 Posts
Likes Given: 6477

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post

If you're happy with it, that's all that really counts!
I'm happy with my DPMS .308, although many on this forum consider it junk.

And by the way, you don't buy a Lamborghini or a Rolls Royce to race. you buy them because they have "class."

Old 05-17-2012, 01:04 AM   #34

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

AND mcmillian is very very happy to sell you all the $5,000 dollar Rifles you need .

Old 05-17-2012, 02:19 AM   #35

Liked 288 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 32

marlimman What caliber in the short barrel. All this performance rifle bull is got me wanting to try again for some better loads but with the only remotly close to me range haveing only 200 yards!! Driveing several hours takes some of the enjoyment out of it. Not sure if I just got lucky with some home brewed loads and got the best first time around now. I don't have the barrel twist for 180gr ether. For a hunting rifle I have been more than happy with same lot number hornady ammo shooting 2" 400 yard groups for some years.

Locutus I got some some flack when I bought a M&P15 too. Instead of ,,,, Lambo, class?? Bently Supersport over the more common rolls. Yea right.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:21 AM   #36

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
marlimman What caliber in the short barrel. All this performance rifle bull is got me wanting to try again for some better loads but with the only remotly close to me range haveing only 200 yards!! Driveing several hours takes some of the enjoyment out of it. Not sure if I just got lucky with some home brewed loads and got the best first time around now. I don't have the barrel twist for 180gr ether. For a hunting rifle I have been more than happy with same lot number hornady ammo shooting 2" 400 yard groups for some years.

Locutus I got some some flack when I bought a M&P15 too. Instead of ,,,, Lambo, class?? Bently Supersport over the more common rolls. Yea right.
All my barrels are 7.82 warbird.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did