mauser 98k
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > mauser 98k

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default mauser 98k

Does anyone know about any cheap trusted websites you can go to for a decent mauser 98k? I saw one at the gunshop the other day but i didnt have money. I gotta have one though

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-28-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9200 Times on 3970 Posts
Likes Given: 1440

Well, there are several different mausers, including the 98K. FWIW, the 24/ 47 is, IMHO, one of the better bargains out there.

Unless you have a FFL of your own, anything you buy will have to be shipped to a dealer in your state- so get one lined up- and he may have some ideas. There are several wholesalers, but they do not sell to non-FFLs.

Gunbroker.com and auctionarms.com are two of the largest gun auction sites, along with gunsamerica. You can check seller's feedback before bidding. Remember to consider that you will pay shipping costs and FFL fee to you dealer when bidding.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Get a C&R FFL license. Easy to get and allows you to have the older Mil Surp's shipped directly to you.

Now while you will save money on transfer fees, you'll probably find yourself buying more guns.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:57 PM   #4

I bought mine from mitchels Mausers (can find with a google search). It was probably a little on the expensive side, but it looks great. And like mentioned before it was shipped to a dealer in my area because I don't have a FFL. For me the dealer fee alone was $100 on top of everything else.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyGuy
I bought mine from mitchels Mausers (can find with a google search). It was probably a little on the expensive side, but it looks great. And like mentioned before it was shipped to a dealer in my area because I don't have a FFL. For me the dealer fee alone was $100 on top of everything else.
Well i already have one. But luckily they dont charge $100

Sent from my Desire HD using FirearmsTalk