Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   marlin x7vh (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/marlin-x7vh-69714/)

jekyllandhide 08-05-2012 10:27 PM

marlin x7vh
 
heard they gonna offer it in 223 anyone know.

Axxe55 08-05-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jekyllandhide (Post 894155)
heard they gonna offer it in 223 anyone know.

yes they are! three new models of the X7 in 223. the XS7,wich is the 22" sporter barrel model, the XS7Y, which is the 22" barreled youth model, and the XS7VH, which is the 26" heavy varmint barreled model. new for 2012. they are not listed on their website for some reason, but are in the printed catalog available from Marlin by mail.

godale 08-06-2012 09:04 PM

perhaps it is time to upgrade the handi rifle? i have been waiting.;)

jekyllandhide 08-06-2012 11:27 PM

I have look in the website and didnt. See it must mot update there site offten

Axxe55 08-06-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jekyllandhide (Post 895165)
I have look in the website and didnt. See it must mot update there site offten

they are not listed on the website. you have to get the 2012 printed catalog to see them listed. they are new for 2012.

jekyllandhide 08-06-2012 11:35 PM

Ok i tried to get a catalog but got an error page

Axxe55 08-06-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jekyllandhide (Post 895171)
Ok i tried to get a catalog but got an error page

then go to your LGS and have him order you an XS7VH in 223! that's what i am going to do.

mrfox556 08-09-2012 04:11 AM

I got the 308 x7vh in layaway. I wanted the 223 but the distributor only had 308. I figured oh well, bigger is better than smaller.

me762 08-10-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfox556
I got the 308 x7vh in layaway. I wanted the 223 but the distributor only had 308. I figured oh well, bigger is better than smaller.

Yeah! Why did you want the 223 varmint hunting? They make it in 243 and that's a better all around varmint round that can also take deer and hogs hell my grandma killed elk with her savage 99 for 20 years. I have a xs7 in 7-08 and I love It great light hunting rifle

Axxe55 08-11-2012 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by me762 (Post 899514)
Yeah! Why did you want the 223 varmint hunting? They make it in 243 and that's a better all around varmint round that can also take deer and hogs hell my grandma killed elk with her savage 99 for 20 years. I have a xs7 in 7-08 and I love It great light hunting rifle

the 243 is an excellent caliber and one of my favorites, also a very versatile round if you were only wantin one rifle that could be used for different types of hunting. the 223 is a very good varmint caliber and when is loaded with the proper ammo is downright dealdy on varmints. the 223 is more suited for varmint hunting is a good dedicated varmint caliber. good choice for that type of hunting and a good companion to other calibers if you have them.

the Marlin XS7VH is a 26" heavy barreled rifle that now comes in three different calibers, the 22-250, the 308 and now the 223. i have the XS7VH in 308 and now that the 223 has come out in that rifle, will probably be my next choice in a Marlin rifle.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:47 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.