Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Marlin x7 vs. Remington model 700 sps

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fatmidgets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 173
Default Marlin x7 vs. Remington model 700 sps

I've been hearing a TON of good things about the Marlin, and of course the Remington is always talked about. Which one do you think is better overall?

__________________
fatmidgets is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 11-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
spittinfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maiden,NC
Posts: 9,663
Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

My voice would go towards to the Marlin.

what caliber are you looking at?

__________________

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

spittinfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fatmidgets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire
My voice would go towards to the Marlin.

what caliber are you looking at?
.243 winchester
__________________
fatmidgets is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
spittinfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maiden,NC
Posts: 9,663
Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

OK, I'm still going with the Marlin.

__________________

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

spittinfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fatmidgets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire
OK, I'm still going with the Marlin.
How come the marlin over the remmy?
__________________
fatmidgets is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Raywick,KY
Posts: 25
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I have a Remington SPS in 22-250, the Marlins I have seen will out shoot it . I wish the Marlins had a magizine floor plate or a box mag I would send my Rem down the road.

__________________

Raywick

greenriver is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fatmidgets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenriver
I have a Remington SPS in 22-250, the Marlins I have seen will out shoot it . I wish the Marlins had a magizine floor plate or a box mag I would send my Rem down the road.
Was it the marlin x7vh? Because those have a 26" heavy barrel.
__________________
fatmidgets is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Raywick,KY
Posts: 25
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmidgets View Post
Was it the marlin x7vh? Because those have a 26" heavy barrel.
No they were both .243 with standard barrels.
__________________

Raywick

greenriver is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #9
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,121
Liked 19810 Times on 11247 Posts
Likes Given: 49927

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmidgets View Post
Was it the marlin x7vh? Because those have a 26" heavy barrel.
right now the X7VH is only offered in 22-250 and 308.

right now remington has some edge over the marlin's with selection of options and calibers. the remington M700 rifle series is still an excellent rifle platform. but IMO, the marlin is gaining momentum because, money is tighter and the buying power of the dollar has dropped. one thing i would like to see in the X7 series, wood stock option. i have heard about a wood stocked version, but haven't been able to locate any, so i don't know if they really even exist. i would also like to see a hinged floor plate option on the X7 also, like a remington BDL vs. ADL. i own remington M700's and marlin X7's and would never get rid of either of them. both have their advantages, marlin X7, accurate, decently priced, well made, disadvantages lack of trim level options and caliber selections. remington M700 advantages, accurate, well made, lots of different trim level options and caliber options, plus custom options available, disadvantages, higher priced. these are just my thoughts on this.
__________________
Coming From The Village Of The Damned.
Resist All Tyranny And Oppression.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fatmidgets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

right now the X7VH is only offered in 22-250 and 308.

right now remington has some edge over the marlin's with selection of options and calibers. the remington M700 rifle series is still an excellent rifle platform. but IMO, the marlin is gaining momentum because, money is tighter and the buying power of the dollar has dropped. one thing i would like to see in the X7 series, wood stock option. i have heard about a wood stocked version, but haven't been able to locate any, so i don't know if they really even exist. i would also like to see a hinged floor plate option on the X7 also, like a remington BDL vs. ADL. i own remington M700's and marlin X7's and would never get rid of either of them. both have their advantages, marlin X7, accurate, decently priced, well made, disadvantages lack of trim level options and caliber selections. remington M700 advantages, accurate, well made, lots of different trim level options and caliber options, plus custom options available, disadvantages, higher priced. these are just my thoughts on this.
I really like the bolt on the remington. Is there any purpose behind its flatter shape, or is it purely asthetic?
__________________
fatmidgets is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Marlin 22 cal. Model 39A buckshop General Rifle Discussion 2 11-10-2011 11:43 AM
Marlin model 80 .22 coolkidat .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 3 11-02-2011 09:18 PM
Marlin model 80. flyingbrickracing .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 20 05-30-2011 10:32 PM
Marlin was Sold to Remington ? When ?? FreedomFighter69 General Rifle Discussion 3 10-18-2010 09:10 PM
Marlin Model 60 Gordo323 Range Report 7 08-16-2010 06:16 PM