Marlin 336c - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Marlin 336c

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2445 Times on 1432 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCRS View Post
I'm still hoping they release the leverEvolution projectiles someday.
I'm pretty sure they did. Finding them though I think is the challenge.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #22

Anyone else want to post a list of all the guns they own? I would, but all mine were stolen. Not to worry, no thieves ever watch these threads.
cottontop

Old 07-09-2012, 12:46 AM   #23

Liked 2445 Times on 1432 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
Anyone else want to post a list of all the guns they own? I would, but all mine were stolen. Not to worry, no thieves ever watch these threads.
cottontop
It can be pretty safely assumed that people who post in gun forums either own, have owned, work with or work on guns, or know and hang out with people who own several types if guns. where those guns are can still remain a mystery. You wouldn't find a good chunk of the guns that I post pictures of. Some I still own. Some have been sold or traded. Some are in an armory etc.

If your guns were stolen by thieves because of picture posting then I'm sorry to hear about it. Pictures do not prove current location, posession and storage conditions so thieves may want to take note of that as well.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:20 AM   #24

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The shots I posted were Hornady rounds.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:22 AM   #25

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
I'm pretty sure they did. Finding them though I think is the challenge.
Really? I'll have to start looking around. Sadly, I the LE brass for 45/70 is a bit shorter, so I'd probably end up losing a round in the tube loading with regular full length brass.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:21 AM   #26

Just ordered 5 more boxes of the Horandy 160 gr Leverevolution & 3 more boxes of Winchester 150 gr HP. I like those rounds the best.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:41 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
Just ordered 5 more boxes of the Horandy 160 gr Leverevolution & 3 more boxes of Winchester 150 gr HP. I like those rounds the best.
Is the brass the same size with both brands?

Old 07-10-2012, 01:58 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCRS

Is the brass the same size with both brands?
Nope. But, the HP delivers a guaranteed short range kill and the Hornady is accurate as heck.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #29

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
cottontop
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
It can be pretty safely assumed that people who post in gun forums either own, have owned, work with or work on guns, or know and hang out with people who own several types if guns. where those guns are can still remain a mystery. You wouldn't find a good chunk of the guns that I post pictures of. Some I still own. Some have been sold or traded. Some are in an armory etc.

If your guns were stolen by thieves because of picture posting then I'm sorry to hear about it. Pictures do not prove current location, posession and storage conditions so thieves may want to take note of that as well.
I think cottontop's tongue was somewhere in his cheek when he made his comment - the "get out of jail free" card when/if things ever get to the point in this country (God forbid) that confiscation of our firearms becomes a reality.

I also hear that guns frequently get lost in boating accidents, too.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
Nope. But, the HP delivers a guaranteed short range kill and the Hornady is accurate as heck.
Good to know, didnt know if it was the same as how the 45/70 is.

I try to stick with soft points in rifles. Hollows just seem to come apart into tiny lil shards which isnt the best for harvesting game with.