Magazine problems

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Magazine problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Magazine problems

A couple weeks ago I was at the range shooting my DPMS LR-308 and discovered I had some bad magazines. The bolt would not go home and kept jamming. With some experimenting I discovered the mags would not latch in with the bolt closed either. The notch was too low on the mag. I emailed C Products about my problem and immediately received a polite response telling me the compnay had gone out of business about a year ago. This was about the time I bought these and never had them out of the plastic wrapper. The gentleman said they are now C-Products Defense co. and to send him the mags and they'd exchange them for some new ones. I had no idea where the receipt was but I sent him the 4 mags that were problematic. Today I got four new ones, no charges, and a set of free rail covers as a bonus! Their motto is "Your rifle is only as good as its mags." Next time you're in the market for mags check them out. Yes these work and I learned a lesson to always check new gear BEFORE you need it.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
Vietnam Vet 1968 MCB 53 Danang

Txhillbilly Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-07-2012, 03:21 AM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1256 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 599

That's good to know.
I just bought a DPMS LR260H.It should get here in a few days.
I ordered 5 P-Mags from Brownells for it.The P-Mags have very good reviews in the DPMS LR platform.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Sounds like a great combination especially in 260 caliber!

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
Vietnam Vet 1968 MCB 53 Danang