M44 91/30 rear sights
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > M44 91/30 rear sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 10:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default M44 91/30 rear sights

Hello all, I am planning on buying a scout scope for my M44 mosin and it requires the rear sights to be removed and I cant figure out how to take them off. It looks like they are held on by a pin but I tried pushing it out and the pin wouldnt move. I didnt want to try forcing it incase I am wrong about how it comes off so I dont break it.

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-26-2010, 03:09 AM   #2

that pin that is located where the sight pivots is how you take the rear sight off. the housing will still be there, but all the scope mounts i've seen attach to that housing.

that one pin may be hard to move the first time you try it as it has probably been in place for like 70 years, but it will come out. just brace the gun and be careful but at the same time use a little force and it will come out.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

It will come out with a punch and hammer.. Just be prepared when it does release since it is under a little bit of preasure from the leaf spring. The scout mount should have come with instructions on how to remove the original sight I would think.

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Old 08-26-2010, 10:19 PM   #4

Thanks for the responses guys. I have not yet bought the scope pack so I did not have directions to follow. I ended up using a tiny eyeglasses screwdriver to push the pin out after reading yalls responses, no damage no worries.

happy hunting