M1Garand
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > M1Garand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Default M1Garand

What's a preferred, straight to the point, user friendly website on the M1, I am wanting to "doll" a rifle from cmp. Also, I have a M1 stock that I want to completely strip and refinish.

While I have your attention, how do you "break in" a new AR-15 barrel, chrome lined?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-13-2009, 09:17 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Try,
Welcome!
thegca.org

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The M1 Garand Rifle - An American Companion In Three Wars

Battle Rifle: The M1 Garand

Scott Duff Publications & Historic Martial Arms: M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M1903, Krag, M1911A1

M1 Garand gun

http://www.thegca.org/index.htm
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-17-2010, 04:03 PM   #4

Default M1 Carbines 30 cal

I'm looking for websites offering free/user friendly information on M1 carbines. I'm aware of Scott Duff's books, $29.95 is more than what I want to pay on information found in the library and other resources. Not to knock Mr. Duff's books by no means, he's a respected author. I ended up selling the Garand I spoke of last time. Made a friend out of the deal and I have another rifle just as nice, gotta love those service grades.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:45 AM   #5

Default Garand stuff

Wenig stocks are available in several grades of walnut,,,plus 17 or 18 different color of laminated wood,,,ammogarand.com has many garand parts at a reasonable price, I have a new Springfield 1952 barrel if you want to buy one,,,Brownells seems to be the best place to buy wood finishing products,,,Boyds stocks are a good value,,,I had to do quite a bit of fitting on the last finished stock I bought from them,,,Schuffs Parkerizing does outstanding work and some smithing to boot. Columbus Machine works on gas cylinders and rods Hope I helped.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:22 AM   #6

Default M1 Garand

You know I've decided to get a $895.00 CMP Garand. Maybe the $995.00 one. It'll be the Springfield, what I like, I do appreciate websites sent, laminated stocks get my attention, might invest in a set for "looks",