m14 unnecessary? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > m14 unnecessary?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

(Not directed towards ColtM4 as I agree with him)

I see alot of REMF's in here that speak about that which they do not know. The USMC places great value on marksmanship, and the M16 platform is truly a marksmans rifle. It makes for easy follow up shots, extremely accurate firing, and strong enough rounds. The people who seem to bitch about it the most are generally not military personnel. If you clean it, she will kill for you.

Now, onto the op's original point. What do you think the M14 is? Its a refined version of the M1. Have you ever held an M1? Its heavy. Now imagine carrying 10 20rd mags full of .308 and a select fire M1 around all day long along with a pack, wow, that would be heavy. The M1 was a great platform, but the M14 was greater, and its even making its way back into the Corps today. Its the new DMR and makes for a fine weapon.

MESA TACTICAL REVIEW

Old 06-13-2008, 07:39 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockfire View Post
(Not directed towards ColtM4 as I agree with him)

I see alot of REMF's in here that speak about that which they do not know. The USMC places great value on marksmanship, and the M16 platform is truly a marksmans rifle. It makes for easy follow up shots, extremely accurate firing, and strong enough rounds. The people who seem to bitch about it the most are generally not military personnel. If you clean it, she will kill for you.

Now, onto the op's original point. What do you think the M14 is? Its a refined version of the M1. Have you ever held an M1? Its heavy. Now imagine carrying 10 20rd mags full of .308 and a select fire M1 around all day long along with a pack, wow, that would be heavy. The M1 was a great platform, but the M14 was greater, and its even making its way back into the Corps today. Its the new DMR and makes for a fine weapon.
Ever carry an M249, M60 or M240B? Guess those are just rear echelon weapons though and front line grunts don't know nothin' about them. The SAW when carried with full BII and a full combat load of ammo can and will put a hurting on your ass. The M14 is more useful and weighs less when carried with a full combat load of ammo.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:24 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Ever carry an M249, M60 or M240B? Guess those are just rear echelon weapons though and front line grunts don't know nothin' about them. The SAW when carried with full BII and a full combat load of ammo can and will put a hurting on your ass. The M14 is more useful and weighs less when carried with a full combat load of ammo.
Matt, when I say Rear Echelon, its more directed to supply and office guys, and really anybody who hasnt served. The comment was not directed at you whatsoever.

MESA TACTICAL REVIEW

Old 06-13-2008, 11:41 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockfire View Post
Matt, when I say Rear Echelon, its more directed to supply and office guys, and really anybody who hasnt served. The comment was not directed at you whatsoever.
It wasn't taken as a personal shot, I was just rebutting your argument.