M1-Garands - Still available?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > M1-Garands - Still available?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Default M1-Garands - Still available?

Are the M1-Garand rifles still available as military surplus? If yes, how to find, AND are any in unfired or MINT condition? Prices too please if known. Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #2

Liked 188 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 56

You should take a look at the web site for the Civilian Marksmanship Program. That is the official place to get surplus M1 rifles. The got back something like 65,000 from S. Korea recently. The guns come in various grades with prices to match.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:29 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8863 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Here ya go- http://odcmp.com/sales.htm

Now READ the section on eligibility requirements first.

Cross all Ts, dot all i's, and the rifle gets shipped to your home. The CMP is the ONLY way you can buy a firearm from the US Govt.

while they are in different grades of wear and condition, they have all been thru an arsenal inspection, and all are good to shoot. Some will have more wear, not be as pretty, may have parts from more than one maker- and be cheaper than collector grade guns.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #4

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWagner View Post
You should take a look at the web site for the Civilian Marksmanship Program. That is the official place to get surplus M1 rifles. The got back something like 65,000 from S. Korea recently. The guns come in various grades with prices to match.
Still no IHC ones though....

Old 11-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #5

I read somewhere that they will not list the IHC ones for sale, like the others. The plan is to auction them off to the highest bidders.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #6

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Quote:
I read somewhere that they will not list the IHC ones for sale, like the others. The plan is to auction them off to the highest bidders.
....And I get in to this HOW???!!

Old 11-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #7

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
CMP does not and will not have any of the Korean Return Garands. Those Garands were sold to Korea originally and are property of Korea so they will be sold to the highest bidder and Imported back to the US. They will have the Importers mark stamped on them
CMP gets their rifles directly from the US Army and are not Import Marked
IMO the best deal is the Service Grade from CMP $625
There will be IHC Garands (price unknown) at CMP in the near future and they will be sold through mail order
Old 12-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #8

So who bought all these M1'sfrom Korea, if they are not going to be sold through CMP? It looks like they got the legal details worked out according to these reports:

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/06/29/what-next-for-auctioned-off-south-korean-m1-garand-rifles/#axzz2Dpkf1ljz

http://www.guns.com/us-re-importing-87000-m1-garand-south-korean-surplus-8591.html

Old 12-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #9

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Alot of bad info in those articles.
Orest the director of CMP commented a long time ago CMP will have nothing to do with these for the reasons I stated previously

These Korean Garands have been rumored and talked about for 10 years, this is nothing new.

Last edited by Orlando; 12-01-2012 at 10:00 PM.