M1 garand
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

M1 garand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default M1 garand

What a good price to pick one up?

How can a California get one ?

Was at the gun store buying handguns I got the S&M M&P 9c and my dad got the high point 9 mm and I seen the most beautiful Rifle I ever seen the m1 garand. Made my dad eyes light up and he told me story about that gun. Was thinking in my head I would like to buy him that gun. But new in to the gun seen and would like to here what you guys think about the gun and what's a good deal.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #2

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

The Garand is an amazing gun. My dad has one and it was always a treat to get to shoot it. Today your best bet is to look at the Civilian Marksmanship Program. http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/m1garand.htm

In the market they range from $600 to $3000 in price depending on what model and grade you get.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #3

Liked 490 Times on 317 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Scored an M1 this year and it's everything I'd heard it would be. It shoots right where I aim it and is very well mannered. Recoil's very manageable, not at all unpleasant. My first choice would've been an M-14, it's what I was issued in the Army, but they're unavailable as surplus due to the select fire issue. That said, I couldn't be happier with my Garand. If you can get one, you won't be sorry.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:07 AM   #4

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Scored an M1 this year and it's everything I'd heard it would be. It shoots right where I aim it and is very well mannered. Recoil's very manageable, not at all unpleasant. My first choice would've been an M-14, it's what I was issued in the Army, but they're unavailable as surplus due to the select fire issue. That said, I couldn't be happier with my Garand. If you can get one, you won't be sorry.
You can get an m1a1 which is basically a civilian legal semi auto only version of the m14 the government loaned you when you where younger.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:20 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockly View Post
What a good price to pick one up?

How can a California get one ?

Was at the gun store buying handguns I got the S&M M&P 9c and my dad got the high point 9 mm and I seen the most beautiful Rifle I ever seen the m1 garand. Made my dad eyes light up and he told me story about that gun. Was thinking in my head I would like to buy him that gun. But new in to the gun seen and would like to here what you guys think about the gun and what's a good deal.
Hard to tell you without more info and/or pictures. Would be interested to see if they have a gauge for the throat and muzzle measurements.

The best way to get a guaranteed quality M1 is through CMP. There are a couple of requirements (check the order form on the sales page), but relatively easy to accomplish.