M1 Carbine value
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > M1 Carbine value

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Default M1 Carbine value

I'm hoping someone can help me out on this. I have a chance to buy a M1 Carbine for what I think might be a good deal, but as I am not a huge rifle guy I figured I'd ask here first. We are talking like $125 here, maybe $150.
The bore and chamber looks good, but the stock is pretty rough shape. I know it takes .30 Carbine ammo, how hard is that to get and is it costly (I do reload, so that's not a huge deal). I don't have any number of yet. I would be looking to add this to my stable as an occasional plinker, but mainly just as a cool old service rifle.
Thanks for any help

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

TDS92A Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1353 Times on 799 Posts
Likes Given: 3412

I recommend that you ask "dan_fl". He has some good knowledge concerning the M1 Carbine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
I'm hoping someone can help me out on this. I have a chance to buy a M1 Carbine for what I think might be a good deal, but as I am not a huge rifle guy I figured I'd ask here first. We are talking like $125 here, maybe $150.
The bore and chamber looks good, but the stock is pretty rough shape. I know it takes .30 Carbine ammo, how hard is that to get and is it costly (I do reload, so that's not a huge deal). I don't have any number of yet. I would be looking to add this to my stable as an occasional plinker, but mainly just as a cool old service rifle.
Thanks for any help
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 11-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

.30 carbine is not too hard to come by, but it helps keep the cost down if you reload.
$125-$150 is a great deal for one. The ones I've seen go for $600-$1000 depending on who made it, it's condition, ect. Most of those don't have a rough stock though. Personally, I'd jump on that deal if the gun works properly.