M-1 U.S. Carbine
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

M-1 U.S. Carbine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 06:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default M-1 U.S. Carbine

I am trying to figure out what a part is on my Carbine. It's a Underwood/Quality Hardware Machine Co. M-1 U.S. Carbine.

I have searched endlessly on the interwebs looking for anything that would describe this part and I get nothing. I have included pics of it to see if anyone may know thank you for your help to who replies.

I posted big pictures so that you can see the part clearly. (I am still under size the limit)

pict0021.jpg   pict00212.jpg  
"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Last edited by RadioActiV; 09-29-2010 at 06:51 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-29-2010, 07:33 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I've had two M1 Carbines and neither of them had that part. The only thing I can think of is that it is possibly related to full auto operation. That would make your carbine an M2. Other than that, I'm clueless.

Here's a link that may help: Collecting and Shooting the U.S. M1 .30 Caliber Carbine - Disassembly and Reassembly

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-29-2010, 08:02 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I thought that also, but I can't find anything on an M-2's breakdown either.

The part that is in question doesn't move much it bumps against the slide and moves a block near the hammer.

The block near the hammer does not move enough to make a full contact point with the hammer. I have not fired the gun so I do not know if it is capable of rapid fire.

It is stamped above the breech M-1 U.S. Carbine. (but that's not to say someone might have switched the trigger group)

thank you for your response tho
"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Old 09-29-2010, 08:10 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Please keep us in the loop. I love a good mystery.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-29-2010, 09:04 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well just joined the http://m1carbineforum.forumco.com to see if these fine people might be able to shed some light for me.

Don't worry though I'm still a loyal FTF member

Old 09-29-2010, 09:53 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default As usual

I always falter before I prevail lol. I found my info that I needed.

It is a disconnector lever.

It appears as though the model that I have, either use to be or was retrofitted from parts of a fully auto M-1.

It still needs the selector and the selector spring to become a full auto again. (I am not going to persue that at all!!)

I included some pics of the manual for your enjoyment.

untitled2.jpg   untitled1.jpg