Looking for some rifle advice
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Looking for some rifle advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looking for some rifle advice

Ok, so, my hubby just got an AR, and he wants me to get one too. I've shot a few of them, and think that they're great guns. He wants me to get one because he says it's a good gun for survival, and hunting, which is fine, but I know a lot of people who have them, and he's getting one. Sooo, I want something different, something light enough for me to carry around, hunt with (I haven't actually gone hunting, but I would like to at least once), just an all around good rifle. Doesn't have to be fancy or all tactical, I'm more intrested in practicality, where as my husband is a touch more concered about aesthetics (in my opinion). So, instead of an AR, what would you guys suggest, and why? Btw, I may be a small girl, but I've shot a 12ga remington, which my friends said had more kick than any other 12ga they've shot, and I managed ok. So I don't mind recoil, as long as it isn't too crazy, I want to be able to shoot for awile without my arm falling off! Lol. To be honest, I was kinda thinking about a mosin nagant, I like the sounds of them, and I like the history. But I also like to research thoroughly before I make any kind of decision. And I know next to nothing about rifles.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #2

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you want fairly cheap and wont kill you to shoot/carry/feed the get a marlin x series youth. The come in 243, 308, and 7mm08 which are all good huntin rounds. They arent the prettiest rifles but they are very accurate

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 02-22-2012, 08:00 AM   #3

Thanks! I'll take a look at those. I've heard of them, but for some reason I was thinking that they were more like the ruger 10/22 :/ shows what I know.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSwaff
Thanks! I'll take a look at those. I've heard of them, but for some reason I was thinking that they were more like the ruger 10/22 :/ shows what I know.
Nope they arent. And hey just ask winds of change....guns are a long term study. She was kinda in the same boat you are

Old 02-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #5

Lol, I've got most if the handgun calibers down, but then with rifles, it gets so hard to remember them all.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Lol, I've got most if the handgun calibers down, but then with rifles, it gets so hard to remember them all.
Yes it does....iv been shooting for 18 years give or take and its still that way to me occassionally

Old 02-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #7

Thanks again for the help, I appreciate it. I just didn't think it was very practical to have a bunch of the same gun. Variety is the spice of life

Old 02-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Thanks again for the help, I appreciate it. I just didn't think it was very practical to have a bunch of the same gun. Variety is the spice of life
Your welcome and ya it is. I have more guns now than ill ever use and addin more

Old 02-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #9

Lol, I keep getting ahead of myself, "I want that one, and that one, and that one". But I still need to find a new job to afford them all!

Old 02-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Lol, I keep getting ahead of myself, "I want that one, and that one, and that one". But I still need to find a new job to afford them all!
Being a gunsmith w a mentor/partner who let me work on a gun i liked then gave said gun to me is how i got most of mine