Looking for a Rem 700 .308 detachable magazine kit for cheap
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Looking for a Rem 700 .308 detachable magazine kit for cheap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looking for a Rem 700 .308 detachable magazine kit for cheap

Hello,
I am hoping someone can reffer me to a place where I can buy a detachable magazine for my .308 rem 700 to make it more of a tacticle rifle and also make it look better too. I don't want to spend 300+ for what I want to do I am unemployed thanks to Obama. I was a very successful mortgage broker the last 13 yrs and now am looking for another job but its been tuff. I am blessed to have unemployment and able to keep busy looking for a job and stay busy with my favorite hobbie,long range shooting,sniping and reloading. Please if anyone can help please reply. I am new to this site and thought I would get good info and good conversation from regestering here.

buckshot123

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-26-2010, 12:22 AM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Midway USA, Brownells and Nachez Shooter Supplies are 3 places I can think of off the top of my head.

And, welcome to the forum. If you have not done so, stop by the Introduction secton and tell us a bit about yourself.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-26-2010, 02:06 AM   #3

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshot123 View Post
Hello,
I am hoping someone can reffer me to a place where I can buy a detachable magazine for my .308 rem 700 to make it more of a tacticle rifle and also make it look better too. I don't want to spend 300+ for what I want to do I am unemployed thanks to Obama. I was a very successful mortgage broker the last 13 yrs and now am looking for another job but its been tuff. I am blessed to have unemployment and able to keep busy looking for a job and stay busy with my favorite hobbie,long range shooting,sniping and reloading. Please if anyone can help please reply. I am new to this site and thought I would get good info and good conversation from regestering here.

buckshot123
Sorry about your job situation but what you are asking for is not an inexpensive proposition. If you are runing a BDL the most inexpensive setup is the factory bottom metal for the DM model but it requires a new stock. The rest of the aftermarkt ones not only require new bottom metal but mags are not cheap. For example Surgeon Rifles makes a great detachable mag setup but besides the $360 price tag the AI mags it uses are $75-95 a piece. Maybe you can find used bottom metal in Gunbroker.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:47 AM   #4

Default thank you for the reply

I actually do not have a factory stock I have a Bell and Carlson stock on my rem 700 do you think that makes a difference when looking for a detachable magazine?

Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #5

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

the cheapest one I can find is the H-S Precision here at midway usa but again it is still $278 bucks. H-S Precision Trigger Guard and Detachable Magazine Assembly Remington 700 w/Hinged Floorplate Long Action 300 Ultra Mag, 338 Lapua 3-Round Stainless Steel Black - MidwayUSA

Old 04-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #6

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
The HS is so popular that it is almost always out of stock @ Midway. You can put in a back order and when they come in you might get one.

If you are loww on bucks, google Kwik Klip.....

Old 04-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #7

last i knew of kwik klip was only available for long actions.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You get what you pay for you buy cheap you get cheap quality.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:06 AM   #9

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshot123 View Post
I actually do not have a factory stock I have a Bell and Carlson stock on my rem 700 do you think that makes a difference when looking for a detachable magazine?
B&C makes great stocks. It's still set up for the standard BDL bottom metal so you need something that will be compatible with that. Some of the setups like Surgeon and I believe Badger need substantial fitting which adds to the cost unless you can do the work yourself which is not impossible but it's not easy either.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #10

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 730

I have and have had both internal box mags and external mags. There are pros and cons to each. I hunt quite a bit, so I perfer the internal box mag. I can't tell you how many guys I know that have lost their mag in the field. One of my only external mag rifles now is a .308 BLR. I bought an extra mag for that day I loose mine. $54.00 plus $6.00 shipping. Expensive insurance. I would say spend the money on another part of that rifle. My Howa still is stock, but gets attention on the results at the range.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.