Looking for a low priced good quality AR
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Looking for a low priced good quality AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looking for a low priced good quality AR

Want to buy my first AR and I don't want to spend a lot. I was thinking about a DPMS. Any better suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 222 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 65

As it's gonna be your 1st, please read the stickies. So that least you will have the idea.
I don't have experience with DPMS but i'd suggest S&W Sport or PSA.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Week ago, viewed a Wal-Mart flyer showing rifles forsale....have a Wal-mart near me that still sells rifles. Flyer showed a DPMS sporter AR for less than $600. Recall this model did not have the receiver dust cover or bolt assist like the typical military spec M 16 AR. Asked a fellow range member that is a competition shooter with an AR about need for the bolt assist. Trust me, he goes thru lots of rounds practicing for his competitions. He answered, "I recall only one time needing it to close my bolt." "One of my reloads had a lip on brass where bullet entered brass that was the problem....had a problem ejecting this piece of brass too."