Looking to get my first ar - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Looking to get my first ar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 02:58 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Not anymore.

I can go through 500 rounds in a fairly short range trip. My AR stays fairly warm as I like to shoot like I would if I were using it for what it was made for. I by no means am a "hard use" kinda guy but I enjoy shooting w/ some tempo.
I will have to try it again, i would like to have a case for shtf purposes.. Like i said its been a while, the last time i bought wolf it was $2.50 a box, $1.99 a box for 7.62x39

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 12-19-2011, 03:07 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
I will have to try it again, i would like to have a case for shtf purposes.. Like i said its been a while, the last time i bought wolf it was $2.50 a box, $1.99 a box for 7.62x39
I would recommend buying a couple boxes to put through your AR. If you don't like it you're only out $8-$9. If you do like it order in bulk for under $4 per box of 20.

I don't know what your intentions are at the range but if you're going for groups you'll need to spend a little more on brass ammo. For MOM steel is perfect. Steel is just right for what I do at the range which consists of 25 yards and in center mass.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."