Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Looking forward to this week

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 998 Times on 571 Posts
Likes Given: 459

Default Looking forward to this week

Back in March,I got in on a group buy on some E.R.Shaw barrels from The Gun Shack.
I ordered 2 barrels,a 26" Varmint contour 7mm-08 and another in 6.5 Creedmoor.Both in Stainless steel.

I was beginning to think the barrels would never get built,but I received a phone call a couple days ago,and the 7mm-08 barrel will be here this week.I really wanted the 6.5 barrel to show up first,but I'll have to wait another month or so for it.
I've never used Shaw barrels before,but have some guy's that shoot with me that have them,and they shoot decent.I prefer a higher grade barrel like Hart,Lilja,Shilen,etc.,but for the price I bought the Shaw barrels,I had to give them a try.

My Savage 12FLP will be the rifle that will get these barrels installed on.It is a 308 now,but has never shot as well as my 10FLCP 308.

Now if I can just find some 7mm-08 brass,everyone is out of stock,so I ordered some once fired that I found.
If these barrels will shoot moa or better,I'll be happy with them,and they'll serve their purpose as varmint/target/hunting barrels.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-13-2012, 02:45 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 310 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Congrats. That should be a very accurate rifle in 7mm-08. The Creedmor should be accurate too. Let us know how they work out.
cottontop