Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Looking for first bolt gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Believe me or not I couldnt care less. Im just going off what my gunsmith told me and once barrel was replaced it was a tack driver. Mods included devcon bedding , threading for supressor and recrown and a tickle up on the trigger. Im not saying its the norm for a sendero at all and thats why I got one I just got a lemon, and living in NZ having to go through importers and different agents no one wanted to touch it.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #42

Oh and in saying that Ive had a remington mountain rifle in 270 and an spss in 25/06 since then that were just fine . The 25/06 was wicked accurate i supressed it and put it in a laminate stock and it shot even better.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #43

Liked 183 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i'llstand by my last statement. your saying so isn't proof. just talk. pictures are proof. anything else is internet trash talk IMO and just feeding the rumors. i have bought several M700's since 2007 and still own a couple, and they are just a good as the ones made before 2007. three in a row? did you take any pictures? please show us the proof if you are going to make such statements. i have seen these same rumors for several years now, and for some strange reason, no one posts and pictures. funny thing is, that people keep spreading these rumors without any evidence or facts to back up their claims and people new to the sport think such people are experts because they saw it on the internet. keep spreading the rumors, because those of us who really know a few things about Remingtons know it a bunch of bullcrap and don't tend to take too much stock in people just saying so. when people start posting actual proof and evidence, then they might have a leg to stand on.
No I did not keep my defective Remingtons just so I could "prove" anything later, but I assure you this is no internet rumor it happened to me, and two of them were Remington 700s if I were talking about cheap @$$ 770s I got what I paid for but for a SPS and a CDL I paid for a better produce then that. The CDL would not chamber a round, simply would not push it in, tried several types of ammo, Remington claimed they fixed it and still had the same problem. The SPS was rusting the week I took it out the plastic, despite my regular cleanings/oiling like I give all my other guns (I know how to care for a rifle I have done this before) Well long story short within just a few months is was borderline unusable, rust was so deep I was not comfortable shooting 7mm Rem mag through it. You could chalk all of these up to really bad luck, but I will swear it on a polygraph it is all true. My brothers high dollar R1 was simply garbage, shot a $299 el-chepo 1911 that I consider a vastly superior weapon at leased it cycled. The Remington just would not feed the next round, not with any gr load, 1911s are reliable by their nature I don't know how Remington managed to screw that one up. How bad was it, it never made it through a 7rd mag without jamming at leased twice even after the factory rebuild. I will see if he still has his receipt from when he sent it back to them and where he sold it a few weeks later if that will help you. As I said too many gun makers who still make good firearms to waste another cent on a Remington because if nothing else I am having the world's worst luck with them.

Last edited by Apex-Predator; 03-30-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #44

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

***Back on track here***

I personally would go for the Ruger Gunsight Scout rifle, Ruger's aren't the smoothest bolt guns made, but they aren't all that bad either, plus they're well built, sturdy and accurate rifles....

None of the other choices offered up in this thread come with iron sights, and for me that would be the big selling point since I prefer shooting with good iron battle sights over scopes, makes the gun more versatile for shooting from 50 to 150 yards, but again, that's what "I" would want in the rifle. If shooting through glass is your preference then there are better choices like the Savage....

For what it's worth, I would actually like a model of the Gunsight Scout rifle chambered in .223 Rem......

Old 07-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #45

Liked 185 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfGuitar
For what it's worth, I would actually like a model of the Gunsight Scout rifle chambered in .223 Rem......
I'm not sure what exactly your looking for when you say that but check out the mossberg MVP in .223. I'm pretty sure they come with iron sights and they use AR-15 mags, which would be pretty cool. I've had my eyes open for one for a while now. Pretty cool gun if you ask me

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

Last edited by longunner; 07-02-2013 at 11:38 PM.