Looking for first bolt gun - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Looking for first bolt gun

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rockratt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,818
Liked 1709 Times on 741 Posts
Likes Given: 1298

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tingstad View Post
I sell them. And they are absolutely not what they used to be. Until they replace whoever is running that **** show, guns will continue to be shipped with missing parts, (or wrong parts) misfires will still be an issue, and half of the people that buy them from me will be hounding me for their money back. You're better off with a savage 111 than one of those ****ty 700's.
Around here a lot of folks are switching to the Savage over the Remington's for reasons you stated plus the Remington just seems to be a cheap built gun now.
__________________
rockratt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #32
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21581 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt View Post
Around here a lot of folks are switching to the Savage over the Remington's for reasons you stated plus the Remington just seems to be a cheap built gun now.
until either of you can post proof of such and prove with facts that Remington's quality has slipped, it's just rumors and myths. IOW's a bunch of bullcrap!

anyone can get on the internet make such statements, but without proof it lacks credibility. it also speaks of a person's credibility when making such statements without any proof when such statements are made.
__________________

Last edited by Axxe55; 03-29-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rockratt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,818
Liked 1709 Times on 741 Posts
Likes Given: 1298

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
until either of you can post proof of such and prove with facts that Remington's quality has slipped, it's just rumors and myths. IOW's a bunch of bullcrap!

anyone can get on the internet make such statements, but without proof it lacks credibility. it also speaks of a person's credibility when making such statements without any proof when such statements are made.
Fact- Back in January I was looking for a 338 Lapua bolt gun and was at Cabelas where they had a Remington(not sure of the model) and a Savage 110 FCP. When the salesman handed me the Remington it rattled. Not sure what it was and really didn't care. Were not even going there. The Savage was a tite well built gun and will be the one I buy when and if I pull the trigger(no pun intended). I could go on about experiences around me but I don't have the time and it wouldn't matter anyway.
I am not here to sway anyone about what to buy and could really careless about what you or they own .
Just simply stating an opinion about what I see happening around me and if that is a reflection of my credibility then I will take it because that is what I thought these sites were all about.

My name is Joe and I approved this message. Now off to Branson MO.
__________________
rockratt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #34
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21581 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt View Post
Fact- Back in January I was looking for a 338 Lapua bolt gun and was at Cabelas where they had a Remington(not sure of the model) and a Savage 110 FCP. When the salesman handed me the Remington it rattled. Not sure what it was and really didn't care. Were not even going there. The Savage was a tite well built gun and will be the one I buy when and if I pull the trigger(no pun intended). I could go on about experiences around me but I don't have the time and it wouldn't matter anyway.
I am not here to sway anyone about what to buy and could really careless about what you or they own .
Just simply stating an opinion about what I see happening around me and if that is a reflection of my credibility then I will take it because that is what I thought these sites were all about.

My name is Joe and I approved this message. Now off to Branson MO.
so you base your experiance on looking at one rifle and that qualifies you to make such statements? and just because it had a rattle that you didn't even take time to identify?

just how many Remingtons have you owned? how many currently?

and please go on about the rest of the "experiances" that have gone on around you concerning Remintons. trust me we really want to hear these stories.

like i said, if you can't post proof then you're statements IMO and many others lack any shred of credibility. i have heard these rumors and myths floating around here on this forum, and other forums and the internet for several years now. and funny thing is, i have yet to see any concrete facts or evidence that supports these statements. so please post some proof if you wish to make such statements and want to those statements to have any credibility.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:36 AM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 522
Liked 189 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
until either of you can post proof of such and prove with facts that Remington's quality has slipped, it's just rumors and myths. IOW's a bunch of bullcrap!

anyone can get on the internet make such statements, but without proof it lacks credibility. it also speaks of a person's credibility when making such statements without any proof when such statements are made.
Proof? How about three defective firearms in a row? That is proof enough for me. I am done wasting money on the big green CCM has ruined them.
BTW that is three of MINE in a row, that is not counting my brothers R1 or my co-workers brand new SPS which were both garbage.
I used to be a big fan of Remington, my first 22 was a Rem, and my first deer rifle was a 700, but their QC has gone to the dogs as of late, I imagine their high end stuff is still OK but I am not fixing to spend that kind of money to find out when there are so many companies making quality firearms for a fair price. I have a Tikka that will shoot the legs off a flea at 200yards that is perfectly reliable, 6.25lbs adjustable trigger breaks clean as frozen glass, action is as slick as black ice and all for $408, when Remington can make a rifle that can compete with that I might consider looking at one again, but their need to fire their while QC department and start over first.
__________________

Last edited by Apex-Predator; 03-30-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Apex-Predator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: tokoroa,Waikato
Posts: 14
Default

I had a sendero where the barrel had the thread cut crooked so was ecentric at the muzzle. Because of the mods i had already done i couldnt return so a new true flight barrel and she was away lost a bit of coin on that gun.

__________________
CreepingDeath is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 919
Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymaro View Post
So ive got the itch for a bolt gun.
My requirements are:
Smooth bolt
Light trigger
Detachable magazine
As for accuracy im looking to reach out max of 3-400 yard's. I would like to group 1-2 inches at 200 yard's i feel that is attainable.
Im pretty dead set on .308 but open to others
The guns i think ive narrowed it down too are the:
Rugar gunsight
Rem 700 what model is detachable mag?
I have a Savage 10 FCP-SR (.308) that has served me well.

The glass on the Savage 10 FCP-SR is a Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24x50mm.





I also have a Savage 10 FCP-K (.223). It comes in .308 as well.

The glass on top of it is a Leupold VX 3.5-10x40mm.





Both will get you out to 400 yards +
__________________
steadyshot is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SW FL
Posts: 343
Liked 142 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Default

Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle.

__________________
jackrich3 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #39
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21581 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex-Predator View Post
Proof? How about three defective firearms in a row? That is proof enough for me. I am done wasting money on the big green CCM has ruined them.
BTW that is three of MINE in a row, that is not counting my brothers R1 or my co-workers brand new SPS which were both garbage.
I used to be a big fan of Remington, my first 22 was a Rem, and my first deer rifle was a 700, but their QC has gone to the dogs as of late, I imagine their high end stuff is still OK but I am not fixing to spend that kind of money to find out when there are so many companies making quality firearms for a fair price. I have a Tikka that will shoot the legs off a flea at 200yards that is perfectly reliable, 6.25lbs adjustable trigger breaks clean as frozen glass, action is as slick as black ice and all for $408, when Remington can make a rifle that can compete with that I might consider looking at one again, but their need to fire their while QC department and start over first.
i'llstand by my last statement. your saying so isn't proof. just talk. pictures are proof. anything else is internet trash talk IMO and just feeding the rumors. i have bought several M700's since 2007 and still own a couple, and they are just a good as the ones made before 2007. three in a row? did you take any pictures? please show us the proof if you are going to make such statements. i have seen these same rumors for several years now, and for some strange reason, no one posts and pictures. funny thing is, that people keep spreading these rumors without any evidence or facts to back up their claims and people new to the sport think such people are experts because they saw it on the internet. keep spreading the rumors, because those of us who really know a few things about Remingtons know it a bunch of bullcrap and don't tend to take too much stock in people just saying so. when people start posting actual proof and evidence, then they might have a leg to stand on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
I had a sendero where the barrel had the thread cut crooked so was ecentric at the muzzle. Because of the mods i had already done i couldnt return so a new true flight barrel and she was away lost a bit of coin on that gun.
sure like to see the proof. and you modded a rifle before fully checking it out? and what mods did you do that wouldn't allow you to return it for warranty work?
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,994
Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
I had a sendero where the barrel had the thread cut crooked so was ecentric at the muzzle. Because of the mods i had already done i couldnt return so a new true flight barrel and she was away lost a bit of coin on that gun.
If the threads were cut crooked, the barrel would have been crooked. The end of the barrel hold have been swinging in a circular motion when installed. I just don't buy what your saying. No manufacturer would let that leave the factory. I'm not a Remington fan, but seriously.
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Ideas on how to convert a straight bolt Mauser 98k to curved bolt (sniper bolt) sharpshooter5647 General Rifle Discussion 20 11-18-2013 12:33 PM
Mauser Bolt Problem-Please help, bolt does not go back in! vikingxj General Rifle Discussion 15 11-27-2012 09:00 PM
Browning X-Bolt or A-Bolt WhiteWolf4 General Rifle Discussion 19 02-18-2012 12:42 AM
Which Browning...A-Bolt or X-Bolt? VincentVega General Rifle Discussion 5 05-28-2011 03:52 AM
How to make an auto bolt release for the Ruger 10/22 (using the factory bolt hold ope Impartial DIY Projects 0 03-31-2011 10:29 PM